The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Which Car Has The Highest Recall Rate In America?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yup. We've had quite a few Mercedes, and while they are very nice cars they are not particularly reliable. They haven't stranded us, but they've all been in the shop for various problems (coolant warning lights, malfunctioning stability control, ...) The Fords have been pretty good (door latch on the first Raptor, sunroof jam on the second, loose oil bolt on the GT350R). The GMC diesel trucks have been flawless. Interestingly the Ferraris have also been quite reliable.

As far back as I can remember Consumer Reports has always favored Japanese cars over American and the Europeans. The 1 and only time I bought Japanese I purchased a Toyota Camry XLE for my wife. I was unimpressed with the build quality, the transmission was awful, the air handling system and heating system was terrible, the radio worked erratically, and the sheet metal must be made from the thinest gauge steel you can find anywhere. You can dimple the sheet metal on the car just using moderate hand pressure. Bah humbug. I am done with Consumer Reports' recommendations.

Yup. We've had quite a few Mercedes, and while they are very nice cars they are not particularly reliable. They haven't stranded us, but they've all been in the shop for various problems (coolant warning lights, malfunctioning stability control, ...) The Fords have been pretty good (door latch on the first Raptor, sunroof jam on the second, loose oil bolt on the GT350R). The GMC diesel trucks have been flawless. Interestingly the Ferraris have also been quite reliable.
Are the Ferraris the most expensive to maintain?

xr7

TMO Addict?
Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Minnesota
Owned a Toyota Avalon & a Lexus GS350, the wife got rid of both bought a Fusion Sport and a Cadillac ATS4.
Was not impressed with either Toyota products. Had to replace all the struts and mounts on the Avalon with less than 20,000 miles on the car, then the heater controls died. The GS handled like a boat, required premium fuel for a 275hp V6.
The Fusion has 268hp on regular fuel. Go figure.

How about McLaren?

TMO Supporting Vendors