The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Which dealer in Denver?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Anyone know which Ford dealer in Denver might actually know their dipstick from a hole in the ground? Holy hell, I just had my THIRD bad experience with Sil-Terhar, and the three strikes rule is in effect.

I had the Boss short filled on engine oil TWICE, the second time was after I even took pains to show the service guy the Boss supplement beforehand, and they STILL put only 7.5 quarts in, and it wasn't even 5W-50! ALWAYS check your oil after someone else changes it. I gave up and started changing it myself.

Then, I took my daughter's Ford Five Hundred over there to have them change the transmission fluid. It is nearby my work, so I figured how hard could that be? Well, apparently beyond the IQ range of Sil-Terhar, because the service guy 1) Didn't know the 500 has a CVT, and 2) DIDN'T EVEN KNOW WHAT A CVT WAS!

It must be REALLY hard to get good help around here any more.

It's not just limited to your area as I think it is country wide. I took mine in for a front end alignment and the Ford dealer did not know Boss spec's were different from a GT. I gave them the correct spec's (I have my own factory service manual) explained how to adjust CC plates and they scratched the shock towers prying on them and when all was said and done my steering wheel is now off center. They gave me my money back and told me to go else where as I was too hard to please. I have since bought my own front end alignment equipment and aligned it myself and now the steering wheel centered. Quality is not "job one" for Ford dealers. I have given up on them and will fix my own issues even though its still under warrenty.

Tim

I feel your pain. The dealerships in CO Springs do not impress me, I drive all the way down to pueblo to have my service work done

I had decent luck with Phil Long in Motor City. It was only an oil change though.

Bob Penkhus is on my shiznit list currently. They torqued the wheel studs on my wife's VW so tight that l couldn't budge them. Took it in and they only addressed the wheel I rounded the stud off on.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel