The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Which polisher are you guys using?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
coolcobramatt said:
I use a Porter Cable 7424, but if I had an extra $200 I would go with the Flex. I have too much invested in pads and backing plates to leave PC right now.
what size pads do you have? they should work just fine on a flex unless they are tiny.

Justin said:
what size pads do you have? they should work just fine on a flex unless they are tiny.

All but two are 5.5". I picked up two 3.5" and a matching backing plate last week though. I assumed the backing plates are different too and once you add up all the required accessories I decided the jump was too expensive. My other 7424 is brand new still in shrink wrap. I was going to sell it with all the pads and backing plates for about $175, roughly $70 less than I paid. I liked the Flex as I have a bad back and anything that cuts my polishing time down makes better sense.

Justin

coolcobramatt said:
All but two are 5.5". I picked up two 3.5" and a matching backing plate last week though. I assumed the backing plates are different too and once you add up all the required accessories I decided the jump was too expensive. My other 7424 is brand new still in shrink wrap. I was going to sell it with all the pads and backing plates for about $175, roughly $70 less than I paid. I liked the Flex as I have a bad back and anything that cuts my polishing time down makes better sense.
the 5.5 pads can be used. I use 6.5 and 7 on mine. they make a 4 3/8" backing plate. The flex comes with a 5.5" so if you just buy the 4 3/8" plate you would be good to go.
http://www.autogeek.net/flex-xc3401-mini-backing-plate.html

Ok Justin...I took the leap of faith. Ordered my 3401 yesterday, over the Rupes. I didn't want the biggest footprint, preferring to get a smaller pad for tighter areas. I sold my NIB 7424 in less than a day so my investment isn't too bad. I used a forum only discount to get the 20% and by phone they allowed me to use it even though polishers were excluded. I scored the 3401 kit with some PInnacle pad rejuvenator and conditioner along with a free Flex bag for $295 shipped. I feel like I made out like a bandit. ;D

Justin

coolcobramatt said:
Ok Justin...I took the leap of faith. Ordered my 3401 yesterday, over the Rupes. I didn't want the biggest footprint, preferring to get a smaller pad for tighter areas. I sold my NIB 7424 in less than a day so my investment isn't too bad. I used a forum only discount to get the 20% and by phone they allowed me to use it even though polishers were excluded. I scored the 3401 kit with some PInnacle pad rejuvenator and conditioner along with a free Flex bag for $295 shipped. I feel like I made out like a bandit. ;D
thats a hell of a deal!!!!

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel