Which polisher is for you?

Discussion in 'The Detailers Corner' started by Justin, Jul 2, 2013.

1. Justin

Justin Save the dawn for your dishes!!!

here is a great video that adams just put up on choosing a polisher. worth watching if you dont know which to choose.
    [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=jM55kroCAAs#at=742[/youtube]

Here is one on there pad selection and use. they have new pads and polish out. i have not used them but plan to in the future
    [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=ZKWSpQxQkcA#at=266[/youtube]

2. unrealford

unrealford Mustang owner since 84

I have the Porter Cable, but I need to find the 5 inch pads, all I have are like 8-10 I think.

3. Phantom

Phantom TMO Intermediate

Same here but I do use the 5" flat pads, excellent results.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

4. Justin

Justin Save the dawn for your dishes!!!

i use the flex and lake county CCS pads. the meguiar MF pads are really nice as well i have a set of those too. like they say in the pad video play around with the pads and see what works best for you. i do different types of cars besides mustangs and they couldnt have said it better about what works perfect on one might not work at all on another.

the porter cable is so loud and vibrates so much i quickly grow tired of it after one panel. the didnt go over it but the bigfoot 21 is also very quite and smooth and works very quickly and does a large area as well. if you were to take away all my polishing tools today and have me start from scratch i would buy a big foot and the two pad system from adams in both foam and micro fiber. couple that with a cordless drill and the 4" focus pads and you can tackle most any job and tackle it quickly.

5. unrealford

unrealford Mustang owner since 84

I agree, Porter Cable is great for a budget but vibrates so bad my hands puff up and itch. LoL

6. KDR-1

KDR-1 TMO Advanced

I use and have had excellent results with the Griots random orbital 6" polisher.

7. Froggy47

Froggy47 TMO Intermediate

I use the PC and (mostly) Meguiar's pads & products.

8. VoodooBoss

VoodooBoss Rick Moderator

I'm using a Flex with Adams pads and products. The Flex is so well build that I'm sure my grandkids will be using it 40 years from now.