The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Which polisher is for you?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
here is a great video that adams just put up on choosing a polisher. worth watching if you dont know which to choose.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=jM55kroCAAs#at=742[/youtube]

Here is one on there pad selection and use. they have new pads and polish out. i have not used them but plan to in the future
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=ZKWSpQxQkcA#at=266[/youtube]

unrealford

Mustang owner since 84
I have the Porter Cable, but I need to find the 5 inch pads, all I have are like 8-10 I think.

unrealford said:
I have the Porter Cable, but I need to find the 5 inch pads, all I have are like 8-10 I think.

Same here but I do use the 5" flat pads, excellent results.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
i use the flex and lake county CCS pads. the meguiar MF pads are really nice as well i have a set of those too. like they say in the pad video play around with the pads and see what works best for you. i do different types of cars besides mustangs and they couldnt have said it better about what works perfect on one might not work at all on another.

the porter cable is so loud and vibrates so much i quickly grow tired of it after one panel. the didnt go over it but the bigfoot 21 is also very quite and smooth and works very quickly and does a large area as well. if you were to take away all my polishing tools today and have me start from scratch i would buy a big foot and the two pad system from adams in both foam and micro fiber. couple that with a cordless drill and the 4" focus pads and you can tackle most any job and tackle it quickly.

unrealford

Mustang owner since 84
I agree, Porter Cable is great for a budget but vibrates so bad my hands puff up and itch. LoL

I'm using a Flex with Adams pads and products. The Flex is so well build that I'm sure my grandkids will be using it 40 years from now.

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
Tape off any stripes and edges which may be burned through. Hand polish after removing tape. Be very careful and avoid allowing any polish or wax touching the plastic graphics. A good detail stray when you finish up usually is all that is needed to blend in the areas.

TymeSlayer

Tramps like us, Baby we were born to run...
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Brighton, Colorado
Bob, I'd run down to the free clinic and check that stuff oozing out of your elbow.

That Torx 10 looks a lot like my Porter Cable. I do not do much to my '12 stripes when I cut, polish or finish. The key is to not use force on the pads. Use the right pad and let it do it's job and keep the pad moist but not wet. Not sure about the '13 stripes as they're reflective.

Just wondering if the Polisher would tear or lift the strips , I am thinking it would, so I shall tape or stay well away from them.
Probably best to stay away from any heavy compounding or just tape like you said. If anything, a finishing pad with a super light cut polish would be fine.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

TMO Supporting Vendors