The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Which Quick Release Splitter Brackets & Other Related Questions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
San Diego
I was replying to you. You can drill some holes, preferably in the rear of the crash bar for access. Then drill two holes in the bottom. (where you want the support rods to mount) then put them in and run the same way as a Mustang w/out the GT350 ducts. I hope this was clear to you. If not maybe ill post pics when I get to mine in when I have my blade made.
It makes sense, thank you. That’s how I have my front splitter rods run, drilling the crash bar was not fun.
I'm now thinking about using the location AJ uses with the brackets supplied with his splitter rods to do a secondary mounting point running from the crash bar to somewhere towards the front third of the splitter, but still behind the bumper.

Bay Area
It makes sense, thank you. That’s how I have my front splitter rods run, drilling the crash bar was not fun.
I'm now thinking about using the location AJ uses with the brackets supplied with his splitter rods to do a secondary mounting point running from the crash bar to somewhere towards the front third of the splitter, but still behind the bumper.
Keep us posted.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel