The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Which Slicks to Buy?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Texas
So I am ordering some race takeoffs…I have been running the Continental 5000's (previously called GTO's I think) and I like them. I have never run anything else so I don't have anything to compare it to as far as slicks are concerned. I know Hoosier and Pirelli make some too. I was also looking at getting the Continental 6000 (GTR's). If anyone has experience with these tires or others it would be much appreciated. Thanks

Adam

This is who I'm ordering from:

http://gtracingtires.com

$100 a tire

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Texas
Ok, if those aren't available I was looking at 285/645's and 305/650's…are 650's too big for the rear? I was thinking it would give me a little more speed on the top end.

ArizonaBOSS said:
P-Zero slick take offs are your best bet.

I just purchased some 305/660-18 P-zeros. Don't have them on the rims yet but they look pretty close in size to the 305 Nitto NT01's. Should fit easily in the rear. Run the 305s all around on 18x11 forgestars. Going to try them at the Glen next week.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Texas
Thanks guys…I went with the Continentals…Pirelli's weren't available but I have run continentals before and I loved them. I went with the 285/305 6000's (comparable to the GTR's?). I guess it's the softest compound Continental makes. I have used the GT-I's in the past and these should be a little faster. I'll be using them at Road Atlanta in October. Rezoom Motorsports is putting on a 3 day event there. So far there are 3 Boss 302's attending including me.

Adam

You guys need to put your order in, I just came back from VIR with 2 sets of 275x35x18 and a set of 285x?x18 along with a set of Pirelli p-zeros.

I'm in central Florida

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel