The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Which valve spring compressor

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Santiago, Chile

captdistraction

GrumpyRacer
Phoenix, Az
I was looking at valve spring compressors .

Which one would do the best job??

sc-60014__80086.1513786578.451.416.jpg
This is 80 bucks from https://www.euroexportinc.com/tools/spring-compressor/

st-105-logos2-1920x1440.jpg
this is about US$200 from http://www.freedomracing.com/4v-5-0l-coyote-valve-spring-compressor.html

MMR-451564-2T.jpg

And this one from MMR is US$270, looks the same as above just more expensive.

I’ve used the freedom one but that euro tool looks intriguing. Looks like it would be somewhat faster as you can do 4 valves at a time (albeit with only one cup included so you would have to move it) without moving the frame

I can’t imagine any reason to give MMR hard earned money, appears to be the same
Tool from Freedom marked up. That tool however works really well and is solidly built.

xr7

TMO Addict?
Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Minnesota
I like the euro tool, simple and stress is spread over four points. Less things to fumble. You only have two hands to keep track of the pieces. Keeping track of the valve stem locks is Job#1.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
Be very careful with the valve keepers--make sure to (gently) plug the oil drain-back passages in the head with some CLEAN shop towels/strong paper towels. You will need a magnet, preferably one with some precision and maybe a dental pick or very good needle-nose pliers to get the keepers back in. Let the cursing ensue :)

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Santiago, Chile
Yes!! Will remember those tips!! Will be starting this project probably in November...... getting all my ducks in line way ahead of time! Still in the points lead in my class so can't afford to miss a race (Every month till Nov.). Have the CJ pump, the Ford racing valve train kit was out of stock.. But will hopefully get it with the cam...... Mean time watching all the videos!

If I get dumped from the top three, will go for it sooner.

TMO Supporting Vendors