The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Which watts link for the street?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
SoCal
I have the Whiteline setup on mine - no nvh whatsoever with their bushing design. Vorshlag used the same setup on their 2011 GT race car, which was daily driven in its early days. The low nvh yet good track performance was well documented in their build thread.

xr7

TMO Addict?
Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Minnesota
I have Whiteline on my car, no additional noise. One minor issue I had was with the bolts they supplied for mounting the diff cover. I had cleaned the diff cover holes carefully to make sure there wasn't any silicone sealant left behind. The first bolt did not go in easily so I pulled it and inspected. The bolts are chrome plated and it appears there is some deposited on the threads, got out the tap and die set, cleaned up the bolts and they went in nicely. Also, I used a Lube Locker gasket under the cover so I didn't need to glue the cover on, makes servicing the diff much easier. No leaks either. I chose the White over some of the others that have mounts that clamp onto the axle tubes. If I was buying today I would probably buy Cortex's version because they have a torque arm that you can add and get rid of the upper third link in the rear suspension. Just my opinion.

Last edited:

TymeSlayer

Tramps like us, Baby we were born to run...
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Brighton, Colorado
I'm using the BMR version and it gets along with all my other BMR modifications with no noticeable NVH on the street or for HPDE.

Does the watts link help fix the bouncyness of the ride? When I'm driving on the interstate even when the road looks relatively smooth I can feel an up and down motion on the smallest of bumps. My 200,000 mile daily driver is considerably smoother.

TMO Supporting Vendors