The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

"whistling" sound at accelerating

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hellosmile.png

i have a problem.

since I was on the race track (probably has nothing to do with it),
I have a strange "whistling" sound when I accelerate. (no, its not the sound of CAI.)

man hears it constantly when i stay on the gas pedal.

The car runs absolutely normal and has no performance penalty.
I have the JLT CAI.
I drive without the air filter, but the noise remains existing. :(

Does anyone have any idea what that could be ?

confused.png

Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Snowy North
Do you have an SCT4 (or comparable) tune?

Are all the hose and intake piping hose clamps tight.

Have you inspected the hose connections carefully for a very small crack...might only open up a little bit at WOT... but just enough to hear a very high pitched suction noise. Wouldn’t necessarily cause driveability or power issues.

If you can’t find a crack or small leak, then wrap some racer’s tape around the biggest connections first and go test... process of elimination.

Good luck!

Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Snowy North
Wide open throttle.

Chances are that you have a slightly incomplete air or vacuum line leak... small enough that it is only apparent at high throttle (vacuum) levels.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel