The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

White Lettered Tires

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VWGTI123

2012 PW #2558
Having a 2012 PW Boss - Been watching the Mecum auction and was thinking that white lettered tires may look pretty cool and give my car a more unique look. Has anyone thought of doing this, or done this? Is it possible with the low profile of the tires? Any input appreciated. Thanks!

Back in my aircraft maintenance days we used too use a white grease pencil on the B52 tires to make our own white letters. It worked really well. Give it a try and if you don't like it, it can be washed off.

When I first got my '06 GT, Painting the tire letters white was my first mod using a tire paint pen. Looked good for about 2 weeks, then started to yellow. Had to strip & re apply the white paint every few weeks to look good. I think Duplicolor makes it.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel