The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

  • Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Whiteline Heavy Duty Adjustable Sway Bar - 27MM(BFR65Z)

Whiteline Heavy Duty Adjustable Rear Sway Bar

Packaging is very nice
rearsway003_zps050ca9c2.png


rearsway007_zps40319b78.png

rearsway009_zps5ed5320e.png

Some comparision
rearsway010_zpse9554f74.png

rearsway011_zpse97a3e10.png

rearsway012_zps53408cd8.png

Install time!
rearsway013_zps677c0553.png

I test fit the axle brackets then marked the centerline of the axle and the bracket for alignment
rearsway014b_zps72736117.png
rearsway014c_zps58744f48.png
rearsway014a_zps66cb2bc6.png
rearsway014_zps6365d4c3.png

Final install
rearsway015_zpsa8de3770.png
rearsway017_zps7179b1bd.png
rearsway016_zpsf4d188cc.png

The install, kind of sucked doing it in the driveway the way I did it. There were just a lot of things you have to hold in place, initially to get the nuts started. I will also say the instructions you get are not really that great, when you need to figure out what washer/spacer goes where, thankfully Vorshlag has full color pictures on their site, and had a better set of instructions on there too, that did not even come with the kit(I purchased from AM). All in all not too bad as far as install.

As far as function goes....WOW...it was a noticeable difference, I made the mistake of taking it out on a test drive on the hardest setting......oops. On street tires, in the corners, the rear was so stiff, the car would just break loose with a slight stab of the throttle. I put it back on medium at is was pretty damn nice.

As far as material, and quality...forget about it...this thing is the $hit!

Cant wait for the track. Should be doing Watts link this weekend!!
 

drano38

Wayne
1,130
318
Nice writeup.
I read on AM the rear bar is solid steel--it must weigh a ton!
I've got Strano front and rear bars. His rear is hollow, so fairly light.
Of course, the way they're mounted will affect how the bar must be built to give the desired roll resistance.
I'm seriously considering the Whiteline Watts link also for my Koni Yellows/Steeda Sports I'll be installing in the next month or so.
 

j3st3r

Brian S.
603
371
Tennessee
drano38 said:
Nice writeup.
I read on AM the rear bar is solid steel--it must weigh a ton!
I've got Strano front and rear bars. His rear is hollow, so fairly light.
Of course, the way they're mounted will affect how the bar must be built to give the desired roll resistance.
I'm seriously considering the Whiteline Watts link also for my Koni Yellows/Steeda Sports I'll be installing in the next month or so.

If you havent seen this thread...this is a must read...Terry has done a lot of work and testing

http://www.vorshlag.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7806&page=18
 
Another nice writeup. Thanks.
 

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
hmm gets the ends out of the way if you want to run 15x10's for drag racing without having to cut or modify the mounts on the stock mounting points. nice alternative. thank you for posting.

what is all the sharpie lines drawn for? I assume to center the bushings?
 

j3st3r

Brian S.
603
371
Tennessee
Justin said:
hmm gets the ends out of the way if you want to run 15x10's for drag racing without having to cut or modify the mounts on the stock mounting points. nice alternative. thank you for posting.

what is all the sharpie lines drawn for? I assume to center the bushings?

If you notice in these picture there are u-bolts and brackets that attach to the axle
rearsway014b_zps72736117.png

sway_zps20a5f18a.png

These brackets need to be very close to the center line of the axle. I made these lines to give me a quick reference to line the brackets up, when tightening everything up.
 

yknot

Hobbies: Hot Rods & Shooting
Re: White line Heavy Duty Adjustable Sway Bar - 27MM(BFR65Z)

Hay...Thanks for the nice writ-up...I too was looking at this bar and found it on the Whit line site as I was reading about there Watts Link. Glade you posted, as I now know I'll do them both as it looks very nice and beefy, especially against the stock unit. I have a very good line on the White line products and get a great deal on them. I'm saving this addition for when I do my brakes and other additions, so I'll post pictures when I'm done. Again thanks for taking the time to share the install .
 

j3st3r

Brian S.
603
371
Tennessee
Re: White line Heavy Duty Adjustable Sway Bar - 27MM(BFR65Z)

yknot said:
Hay...Thanks for the nice writ-up...I too was looking at this bar and found it on the Whit line site as I was reading about there Watts Link. Glade you posted, as I now know I'll do them both as it looks very nice and beefy, especially against the stock unit. I have a very good line on the White line products and get a great deal on them. I'm saving this addition for when I do my brakes and other additions, so I'll post pictures when I'm done. Again thanks for taking the time to share the install .

Cool...I installed my Wattslink before I went to the track this past weekend, definitely worth getting!
 
Re: White line Heavy Duty Adjustable Sway Bar - 27MM(BFR65Z)

j3st3r said:
Cool...I installed my Wattslink before I went to the track this past weekend, definitely worth getting!

Has anyone installed this sway bar with the Cortex Watts link? any problems ?
 
Re: White line Heavy Duty Adjustable Sway Bar - 27MM(BFR65Z)

jim woodruff said:
Has anyone installed this sway bar with the Cortex Watts link? any problems ?

Yes the stock sway bar works with the Cortex.The Steeda bar the drop links must be ground down to fit. I am concerned about the area around the diff. with the White line. Has anyone installed the new Whiteline with the Cortex?
 

Domestic Product

Big fat tires and everything !
j3st3r said:
If you havent seen this thread...this is a must read...Terry has done a lot of work and testing

http://www.vorshlag.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7806&page=18

Nice! I have been bringing up Vorshlag a lot lately and when I read your link, well they just do such a good job of explaining and proving what they sell. I'm sold. The White line sway bars are on my list , next in line actually. Can't tell from the photos what are you running for the front sway?
 

j3st3r

Brian S.
603
371
Tennessee
Domestic Product said:
Nice! I have been bringing up Vorshlag a lot lately and when I read your link, well they just do such a good job of explaining and proving what they sell. I'm sold. The White line sway bars are on my list , next in line actually. Can't tell from the photos what are you running for the front sway?

Front sway bar is stock...I am not really wanting to stiffen the front up yet, I havent had any understeer, excess movement from the front end, going to put that off until it seems necessary
 

Domestic Product

Big fat tires and everything !
j3st3r said:
Front sway bar is stock...I am not really wanting to stiffen the front up yet, I havent had any understeer, excess movement from the front end, going to put that off until it seems necessary

I really like the look of your car! The 13s are growing on me. Its a little hard to tell stance with the blocks under the wheels. Are those Forgestars? and what size? What are you running for springs?
On the sway bar, everything I have seen on the S 197 set up is we want to keep the rear softer then the front. Especially if we run square. Kenny Brown runs his cars with no rear sway bar, but with a host of other stuff done. I would call Matt at Vorshlag and ask his advice for your settings as the car is. Vorshlag also has great pricing on Whiteline stuff. Last time I checked they were $10 to $20 under the big boys like AM per item. You have to pay shipping but if you go ground its not bad. Lets all try and support small business when we can. I just ordered a bunch of Whiteline stuff from Vorshlag they spent over a hour with me over a couple phone calls helping with advice. That's worth something.
Anyways get that bar dialed in and share your thoughts after a track day.
 

j3st3r

Brian S.
603
371
Tennessee
Domestic Product said:
I really like the look of your car! The 13s are growing on me. Its a little hard to tell stance with the blocks under the wheels. Are those Forgestars? and what size? What are you running for springs?
On the sway bar, everything I have seen on the S 197 set up is we want to keep the rear softer then the front. Especially if we run square. Kenny Brown runs his cars with no rear sway bar, but with a host of other stuff done. I would call Matt at Vorshlag and ask his advice for your settings as the car is. Vorshlag also has great pricing on Whiteline stuff. Last time I checked they were $10 to $20 under the big boys like AM per item. You have to pay shipping but if you go ground its not bad. Lets all try and support small business when we can. I just ordered a bunch of Whiteline stuff from Vorshlag they spent over a hour with me over a couple phone calls helping with advice. That's worth something.
Anyways get that bar dialed in and share your thoughts after a track day.

You need to check my other posts, I have worked with Terry Tair from Vorshlag over the last year, I had one of the first sets of their camber plates for the 13. Also have several videos on here from the track already. Wanted to post my full build thread on here but not sure where to do it since mine is not an actual Boss....but my full build thread is here:
http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/2011-2014-mustangs-354/852236-project-drkhrse-2013-gt-build.html
 

Domestic Product

Big fat tires and everything !
j3st3r said:
You need to check my other posts, I have worked with Terry Tair from Vorshlag over the last year, I had one of the first sets of their camber plates for the 13. Also have several videos on here from the track already. Wanted to post my full build thread on here but not sure where to do it since mine is not an actual Boss....but my full build thread is here:
http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/2011-2014-mustangs-354/852236-project-drkhrse-2013-gt-build.html

Hey, have not seen your other posts. Was just interested in the sway bar set up as its on my list. If Vorshlag is helping you with your set up then you are well taken care of.
For some reason whenever I go to SVT, the site is super slow. I mean super slow. I tried to watch your build post and gave up after like 5 minutes and I got as far as the Pro kit springs. A great way for all of us to show the mods we have done is to list them in our signature, simple and effective. Something I need to do as well.
Good luck with the car and keep posting.
 

yknot

Hobbies: Hot Rods & Shooting
The Whiteline Rear sway Bar is indeed a very nice piece....That said, I have this same bar, new. I was going to install it on my Boss, just it will not fit with my Axle modifications, so anyone wanting a nice rear sway bar, I have one for $140.00 plus shipping.
 

TMO Supporting Vendors

Top