The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Whiteline Transmission Bushing Insert

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

captdistraction said:
I've removed mine and won't be using it. Its just too much vibration and harshness. (which is a lot coming from me of all people).

The car is so much more pleasant to drive on the street with it removed, I'll just run it when needed for track days.
+1
I think it helps for the high RPM shifts at the track. It goes in really easy for me but I have to take the whole mount off to take it out on my bench even with good grease on the center nub.
I used in on the street for about a month to see if it would get better, but pretty harsh above 35-40 mph.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pitt302 said:
Have not got mine in yet,but I was also thinking of using Dynamat some how to reduce the NVH .I did not think about putting it between the mating surfaces.Do you think it would loosen up over time with Dynamat between?

There is still plenty of threads holding everything on. torqued it down and all is well. I'll check it anytime I have the car up to make sure.

Took the Boss out today sunny B.C., I put the Whiteline Bushing insert in ( complete unit),removed clutch assist spring and changed tranny fluid ( fords dual clutch ).I also put Dynamat between mounting surface, very little NVH,can feel it right on the E brake button,thats about it,although I think the Car seems loader?This with the MGW Shifter, it is rock solid 7000 RPM shifts.Very happy with the results,next the JHR ss clutch line,although I'am not getting locked out, or peddle sticking to the floor at this time.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel