The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Whiteline Transmission Mount Bushing Modification

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SeattleBoss

TrackAttack 9-23-13
I've seen several references to hole sawing the Whiteline bushing to reduce vibration. Just wondering if anyone has photos or instructions as to how this modification was done.

Thanks

This may help http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/2012-2013-boss-302-mustang-373/963681-whiteline-kdt928-mt82-transmission-bushing-insert-tested-reviews-tips-tricks.html

TymeSlayer

Tramps like us, Baby we were born to run...
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Brighton, Colorado
I actually went with a 1-1/2 hole saw on that bottom piece. I ran the car with the insert without the modification for a month before taking it out and drilling it out. The only difference I found was a subtle lowering of NVH. If you're overly sensitive, do the mod, if not, slap 'er in and run baby run.

SeattleBoss

TrackAttack 9-23-13
Thanks guys. That was exactly the info I was looking for. Hope to get the bushing and my new MGW setup installed in a few weeks.

Thanks for the link Brandon. This might be a stupid question. Is it an easy install? I looked into this mod months ago. For some reason I was lead to believe that the tranny had to be removed to install the bushing. So I never bought the bushing.

TymeSlayer

Tramps like us, Baby we were born to run...
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Brighton, Colorado
seca954 said:
Thanks for the link Brandon. This might be a stupid question. Is it an easy install? I looked into this mod months ago. For some reason I was lead to believe that the tranny had to be removed to install the bushing. So I never bought the bushing.

Tranny does not have to be removed. It's super easy with a bit of grease and a rubber mallet. You will have to remove transmission mount and 4 cross member bolts.

Had mine installed for a few months now and really forgot about it. I have some vibration in 1st and 2nd only around certain rpm's. When I notice it, I kinda like it as it's sort of like a little transmission feedback or feel for me and to me it's nice. Sort of like steering feedback or road feel. Otherwise it's not a shaky vibration for me that I would be concerned with. I haven't missed any shifts yet like I used to also so I consider the mod a good one for me.

Chris

seca954 said:

There's a whole thread on the Whiteline bushing insert here: https://trackmustangsonline.com/index.php?topic=4734.50, including pics I posted of installing the bushing on my Boss. It's a super easy mod...will take you longer to get your car up on jack stands than it will to do the install itself.

TMO Supporting Vendors