The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Who here is doing HOD on May 24th @ Pocono's Raceway (Northeast)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MGCurry said:
How much of a Boss showing will we have?
Will this be your first track day?

MGCurry said:
Any advise on the shock settings for my first track day?

I've run the pocono configuration that HOD is running this day. The NASCAR portion of the track (turn 1 through the tunnel turn) is extremely smooth and very fast! The transition to the infield after the tunnel turn used to be very bumpy but after that it wasn't too bad. I haven't run that configuration since they repaved everything last fall but I'm told it's very smooth. Even with the bumps at the transition I was using full stiff front and back and didn't have a problem. I'd start there and if it's not as smooth as I'm told try 4 in the rear with the front on 5. Have fun...it's a good track to start with for your first time in your own car. The speedway is very easy to drive and there is a lot of run off room in the infield.

I will admit to not knowing everything about settings for the track...but I do know a fair amount about first days on the track....for what it is worth, I recommend leaving everything in the stock configuration for your first day. You probably will not be maximizing the capability of the car. As your skills and speed improve....then you can begin making adjustments since you will know how those adjustments improve the performance of the car.

Have fun with HOD, tell Jay Tepper hi from Gordon in NorCal.

MGCurry

2013 Boss 302 #1548 SBY
Thx man

l8te apx said:
I will admit to not knowing everything about settings for the track...but I do know a fair amount about first days on the track....for what it is worth, I recommend leaving everything in the stock configuration for your first day. You probably will not be maximizing the capability of the car. As your skills and speed improve....then you can begin making adjustments since you will know how those adjustments improve the performance of the car.

Have fun with HOD, tell Jay Tepper hi from Gordon in NorCal.

MGCurry

2013 Boss 302 #1548 SBY
img7370t.jpg

Video of my Boss tracking

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&list=PLGThPB0l0BKHgZkT0YpiCyUKUDSnNRKBV&v=vF93T6LeKxI[/youtube]

Was great was doing 140 in the rain and breaking 150 last session of the day when the track dried iut, no issues shifting, the engine stayed cool and happy heck if felt like the car didnt even break a sweat... It was a great first track day for me....

M

Nice job in the rain. Learning to drive on a wet track will pay dividends for future track days. Smooth is fast and you have to be smooth in the rain. Sounded like you had a great coach in the right seat.

l8te apx said:
Nice job in the rain. Learning to drive on a wet track will pay dividends for future track days. Smooth is fast and you have to be smooth in the rain. Sounded like you had a great coach in the right seat.

Great job! So glad you came. Sounds like your coach did a super job!
Jay - HOD

TMO Supporting Vendors