The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

who is the manufacturer of shocks on boss 302?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

does anybody know who is the manufacturer of shocks used on the boss 302? i dont see a manufactures label affixed to shocks.
thanks

I'm a stock kinda guy, I put about 30,000 a year on my 12 CO. Sooner or later ill have to replace, would prefer OEM

I keep my Boss all stock too but then again I currently only have 3k miles... quick question though, will the factory warranty be voided if we change shocks to another non-stock set? What if we change them to the set LS uses?

Seven

Dacia Sandero
They're rebadged (to FR) and possibly re-valved Tokico Illuminas.
I've used the same shocks on some other vehicles and had good luck.
I'm actually planning on Steeda Ultralite springs and camber plates only as a first upgrade. I'll see if I want to move to something like a Koni yellow after a few track days, or if some different sway bars should take care of my needs.

Seven said:
They're rebadged (to FR) and possibly re-valved Tokico Illuminas.
I've used the same shocks on some other vehicles and had good luck.
I'm actually planning on Steeda Ultralite springs and camber plates only as a first upgrade. I'll see if I want to move to something like a Koni yellow after a few track days, or if some different sway bars should take care of my needs.
If you use the Steeda Ultralite springs chances are you wont need the camber plates. It should put you with slight negative camber but such that would warrant plates....I have used them on my last two GT's and neither one of them was too far out of spec.

Seven

Dacia Sandero
vista6019 said:
If you use the Steeda Ultralite springs chances are you wont need the camber plates. It should put you with slight negative camber but such that would warrant plates....I have used them on my last two GT's and neither one of them was too far out of spec.

I assume you meant *wouldn't warrant plates - ?

I appreciate the info, however I will probably buy em anyway, in case I eventually swap to other shocks/springs/etc - It won't hurt ya know?

TMO Supporting Vendors