The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

S197 3V Who makes the best chassis braces?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I'm looking for a set of chassis braces for my 07 Mustang. Which are the best value? Besides the chassis stiffening I want the advantage of jacking in any spot and making sure my poor exhaust isn't the lowest hanging fruit. So I'd like some that don't tuck in too high. Basically protection from speed bumps.

there is a guy on here that will build a set of jack plates for your car so you don't mangle the pinch welds, I've bought 2 sets from him, they work great.
With regards to chassis bracing there are several companies, I tend to gravitate to Ford Performance, but BMT makes about every type of chassis brace known to mankind for these cars, far more stuff than Ford Performance makes.
bmr 2007 mustang chassis braces - Bing images

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Pleasanton: 1/2 way between Sonoma and Laguna Seca
Subframe braces are not necessary on this car especially the 07 and later variants that have improved chassis stiffening.
Just get some 1" x .120 steel box tube and weld it to the back of the pinch welds or buy a set of premade jacking rails form a reputable manufacturer. Anything beyond that is just adding weight.

Wingrider

'11 GT500, 99% Track Car. Lots of mods & I coach
Subframe braces are not necessary on this car especially the 07 and later variants that have improved chassis stiffening.
Just get some 1" x .120 steel box tube and weld it to the back of the pinch welds or buy a set of premade jacking rails form a reputable manufacturer. Anything beyond that is just adding weight.

This. +1

I had the exact same thing done during one of my trips to cortex. It's great to be able to just throw the jack under there front to back and (reasonably) just start lifting the car.

TMO Supporting Vendors