The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Who watched Gasly win his first F1 race this past Sunday?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ludachris

Chris
Staff member
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Newcastle, CA
What a wild outcome - with no Ferrari, Red Bull, or Mercedes on the podium! Pretty refreshing, especially for those who have become bored with the show. Happy for Gasly, and feel a little bad for Sainz who was so close to getting his first win, but he just couldn't quite get it done. I'm still not sure what the hell happened to Ferrari, how did they become a back marker team in such a short time.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
.......and the second question is how did all the Teams with Ferrari engines begin to lag at the back with the Red Tifosi? It does not appear to all be aero , that is for sure. Time for Gasly to get bumped back up and Albon drop back to AlfaTauri.

Ludachris

Chris
Staff member
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Newcastle, CA
.......and the second question is how did all the Teams with Ferrari engines begin to lag at the back with the Red Tifosi? It does not appear to all be aero , that is for sure. Time for Gasly to get bumped back up and Albon drop back to AlfaTauri.
Makes you wonder what really happened with that closed door meeting between the FIA and Ferrari in the offseason. And yes, I'm thinking Gasly might get another chance at Red Bull. Albon hasn't shown much pace for the most part.

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
SoCal
Bring on the Reverse Grid Sprints for qualifying!! Way more exciting when it forces the fastest teams to work an overtake strategy.

I watched. Nothing against the usual top three but it was nice to see someone else on the podium. I was also pulling for Sainz as I would love to see a McLaren get a win...it's been a while.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel