The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Who will be the first to post pics of their Boss on BossMustangsOnline?????

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thanks. I tried that but no luck. I've dropped a note to Mark to see what needs to be done to give me rights to attach stuff.

I may go ahead and just let everyone upload photos in the near term. In the meantime use imageshack. When you upload a photo they give you a bunch of different links you can use. The one called "forum link" is easiest since you just copy it and paste it into the thread. If you use the forum link image shack provides do not use the "insert image" icon as it will not work.

Hope this helps.

- this is what happens when I select insert image. It doesn't allow me to browse to locate and upload photos.

As far as imageshack, do you mean when you use that you upload a link to a picture rather than pasting in the picture itself into the reply or post?

jimprw said:
- this is what happens when I select insert image. It doesn't allow me to browse to locate and upload photos.

As far as imageshack, do you mean when you use that you upload a link to a picture rather than pasting in the picture itself into the reply or post?

the insert image feature tells the board to display the photo hosted at the link provided. I haven't given anyone the ability to directly upload a photo (the feature you are mentioning). Go to imageshack.com, there you will find a "browse" button. Once you have found the photo on your machine you will hit "upload". imageshack will give links to the location of your photo. Copy the "forum link" and post it here. The forum link will display as a photo on the board.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
Mark said:
the insert image feature tells the board to display the photo hosted at the link provided.

whoops. I remembered the difference but had to leave for a meeting. Sounds like it got worked out.

Picked up my car. Busy. It's 30 degrees with a light snow. Broke it in hard. I'll post more later. Initial reaction: ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

cloud9 said:
Picked up my car. Busy. It's 30 degrees with a light snow. Broke it in hard. I'll post more later. Initial reaction: ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

can't wait for the full review!

Mark said:
cloud9 said:

Make that two for the review.

LQQK said:
Mark said:
cloud9 said:

Make that two for the review.

Make that 3 waiting patiently, not, where is it????
Put the keys down and please let us know!!!

Hope your enjoying your new toy!

Ok here's some more pics. Mine is #159 if that means anything....nothing cool like #1 or #302 :) The window tint really finishes it off ;)

Attachments

• 080.JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 532
  • 081.JPG
    2.6 MB · Views: 505
Ok, so here are my first impressions. To sum it up.....wow. To be honest I've been excited about the Boss, but let's just say a little skeptical. I wondered if it would really handle like the reviews say it does, or the marketing from Ford. I was really worried that it would just be a good platform to start, but would require a lot of mods to make it really handle. Now understand, I had maybe an hour and a half in the car.....in South Dakota.....it's 30 degrees....overcast.....and SNOWING lol. Ok, so it was a light snow just blowing around not sticking, but I'm driving my Boss in the freakin' snow.

So I'm thinking, summer tires, can't push it too hard or I'll just break loose, etc. I was going through break in and wanted to break it in hard, but follow Ford's guidelines. So run it up to 6-7k and shift, do it again, then let it decel under engine load and then just drive moderately varying speeds and never holding constant RPMs. The first thing I noticed is how compliant it is on the road. I was afraid that was also going to mean "soft". Even the doors closed too "quiet". Well, I was wrong. It did everything you told it. No understeer, incredibly balanced, let me say that again, incredibly balanced. The power was good, it pulled like a freight train and just kept pulling. I kept wanting to shift around 6k and it just wanted to keep going. The gearing allows you to stay in the upper end of the range after shifting. The exhaust rumble inside the car was phenomenal. Not overpowering, just right. I took an exit ramp hard and had very little to no body roll around the corner. I was amazed.

Now, realize I couldn't REALLY push it with those cold tires, but it didn't want to give up even at those temps. I cannot wait to drive this thing in normal spring weather. I really can't wait to drive it on a track.

Bottom line: AWESOME!

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel