The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Who will be the first to post pics of their Boss on BossMustangsOnline?????

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GA
cloud9 said:
Ok here's some more pics. Mine is #159 if that means anything....nothing cool like #1 or #302 :) The window tint really finishes it off ;)

I have '08 Bullitt # 572. It means.... I have '08 Bullitt #572. :p Like you said, unless you have #1 it is just a number.

GA
cloud9 said:
Ok, so here are my first impressions. To sum it up.....wow. To be honest I've been excited about the Boss, but let's just say a little skeptical. I wondered if it would really handle like the reviews say it does, or the marketing from Ford. I was really worried that it would just be a good platform to start, but would require a lot of mods to make it really handle. Now understand, I had maybe an hour and a half in the car.....in South Dakota.....it's 30 degrees....overcast.....and SNOWING lol. Ok, so it was a light snow just blowing around not sticking, but I'm driving my Boss in the freakin' snow.

So I'm thinking, summer tires, can't push it too hard or I'll just break loose, etc. I was going through break in and wanted to break it in hard, but follow Ford's guidelines. So run it up to 6-7k and shift, do it again, then let it decel under engine load and then just drive moderately varying speeds and never holding constant RPMs. The first thing I noticed is how compliant it is on the road. I was afraid that was also going to mean "soft". Even the doors closed too "quiet". Well, I was wrong. It did everything you told it. No understeer, incredibly balanced, let me say that again, incredibly balanced. The power was good, it pulled like a freight train and just kept pulling. I kept wanting to shift around 6k and it just wanted to keep going. The gearing allows you to stay in the upper end of the range after shifting. The exhaust rumble inside the car was phenomenal. Not overpowering, just right. I took an exit ramp hard and had very little to no body roll around the corner. I was amazed.

Now, realize I couldn't REALLY push it with those cold tires, but it didn't want to give up even at those temps. I cannot wait to drive this thing in normal spring weather. I really can't wait to drive it on a track.

Bottom line: AWESOME!

OK, you are really making me want to break into my 401K. 8)

Dig-It

Kevin
VA
Thanks for the comments Gary. If you're that impressed now, it'll be more interesting when you're not weather limited.

Your next career should be as a writer for a major automobile magazine.
Excellent review, I read it several times and now I'm more excited than I was previously....thank you.
Pulls Like a freight train, the one I was on yesterday only pulled 35mph, the locomotives were built by a division of GM!

Now that's what I've been looking for. Sounds like a very satisfied customer! And considering the cost to get into this club, it is now much easier for me to continue to sell stuff I really like to get mine. Thanks!

cloud9 said:
Ok, so here are my first impressions. To sum it up.....wow. To be honest I've been excited about the Boss, but let's just say a little skeptical. I wondered if it would really handle like the reviews say it does, or the marketing from Ford. I was really worried that it would just be a good platform to start, but would require a lot of mods to make it really handle. Now understand, I had maybe an hour and a half in the car.....in South Dakota.....it's 30 degrees....overcast.....and SNOWING lol. Ok, so it was a light snow just blowing around not sticking, but I'm driving my Boss in the freakin' snow.

So I'm thinking, summer tires, can't push it too hard or I'll just break loose, etc. I was going through break in and wanted to break it in hard, but follow Ford's guidelines. So run it up to 6-7k and shift, do it again, then let it decel under engine load and then just drive moderately varying speeds and never holding constant RPMs. The first thing I noticed is how compliant it is on the road. I was afraid that was also going to mean "soft". Even the doors closed too "quiet". Well, I was wrong. It did everything you told it. No understeer, incredibly balanced, let me say that again, incredibly balanced. The power was good, it pulled like a freight train and just kept pulling. I kept wanting to shift around 6k and it just wanted to keep going. The gearing allows you to stay in the upper end of the range after shifting. The exhaust rumble inside the car was phenomenal. Not overpowering, just right. I took an exit ramp hard and had very little to no body roll around the corner. I was amazed.

Now, realize I couldn't REALLY push it with those cold tires, but it didn't want to give up even at those temps. I cannot wait to drive this thing in normal spring weather. I really can't wait to drive it on a track.

I love it! Enjoy.

You're not making my wait any easier.

cloud9 said:
Ok here's some more pics. Mine is #159 if that means anything....nothing cool like #1 or #302 :) The window tint really finishes it off ;)

What % tint did you get? I'm thinking I might do that to mine whenever it is that I finally get mine built. And now that IL isn't so incredibly stupid about window tinting like they used to be.

Nccstud said:
cloud9 said:

What % tint did you get? I'm thinking I might do that to mine whenever it is that I finally get mine built. And now that IL isn't so incredibly stupid about window tinting like they used to be.
I went with 20% on all but the windshield.

cloud9 said:
I went with 20% on all but the windshield.
Have we seen photos of that yet.... ;)

BossJockey said:
cloud9 said:

Can't wait for the track review. ;)
Me either.....but it's snowing again today!!!!! Just light and won't amount to much, but I only have 140 miles on the car, the event is in 15 days and it's not warming up until next Wednesday.... Looks like I might be doing some cruising around the interstate loop and work from my car :D

5 DOT 0 said:
cloud9 said:
I thought I posted them, but maybe not? ??? ??? Anyway here they are:
So have you found the rev limiter yet? ;D
I must confess I did yesterday. :eek: Had a friend out for a shove and he wanted to see it go. I told him it's not like the GT500 where it pins you back, but that the power comes on late after about 5k. It sure does and before you know it "put put put" goes the rev limiter :D I was real close upshifting so it only hit maybe once or twice quick. I'm pretty sure it was at 7500. I was on the interstate in light traffic so needed to keep eyes on the road more than the tach.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel