The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Who will be the first to post pics of their Boss on BossMustangsOnline?????

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cloud9 said:
Dean#4AI said:
Great pics Gary. Thanks for posting.

I'm surprised that the brake hose kit took so much modification. I thought it would be pretty much plug and play. :-\
Me too. I didn't expect it to take that much either. The general sales manager had installed his on his 2011 GT the night before and wrestled with it to make it work. It appeared that was the only way to make it work. It would be interesting to see how it's routed on the Laguna Seca, as maybe there's a way around that. Once you have yours you can see if those modifications were made or if there's a way to route around them.
I'm bringing this thread up from the dead to say that routing the hoses is no different on the LS than your Boss. What a pain in the azz. I should have came back to this thread before I started on mine so I could see what you cut away. I may have to go back and do a little trimming.
It seems like the passenger side hose fits better than the dirvers side even though you have to route around the washer fluid. There is a guard that covers the swaybar which gets in the way of the hose.
The thing that really confuses me is how they could have designed the backing plates with the attachment diameter is too big for the cooling hose! PITA!
Almost done but still need to do a little trimming. ::)

cloud9 said:
Here are some pics of the surgery required for the brake cooling kit:
I was trying to find this earlier, got kind of late and I got tired so it ended. Tomorrow is another day.

Thanks for the pics will help a lot :)

He is on his ledge laughing at me. I tried to do the brake cooling but couldn't route it to not get crushed by the tire. Mosquitos came out and I ended it for tomorrow.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
Big Vito said:
He is on his ledge laughing at me. I tried to do the brake cooling but couldn't route it to not get crushed by the tire. Mosquitos came out and I ended it for tomorrow.

You have to zip tie it essentially to the tie rod boot end so it will keep it close to the tie rod itself.

ArizonaGT said:
Big Vito said:

You have to zip tie it essentially to the tie rod boot end so it will keep it close to the tie rod itself.
Thanks for the tip :) I'll be heading out to finish this soon.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
Here are some pictures...
ArizonaGT said:
I promised Cloud9 that I would get him a picture of how my brake ducts are tied to the steering etc, I figured everyone could use this as a guide when retrofitting LS ducts to their car.

The key point of discussion was how to tie the ducting back so it doesn't get rubbed by the wheels.

I snapped these pictures today while replacing my front wheel hubs/bearings.

This is the Quantum Motorsports kit for Brembo Brakes on my 2006 GT. They recommend using a "chain" of 4 zip ties to secure the duct to the steering rack tie rods.
1. "Boundary" zip tie to prevent other ties from shifting location on the tie rod. (Yellow)
2. Zip Tie around Tie Rod (Black)
3. Zip Tie around brake duct (Black)
4. Zip Tie looped into #2 and #3 (making a small "chain") of zip ties. (Yellow)

FZDvy.jpg

This keeps the ducting away from the wheel, and prevents it from being crushed or sandwiched between the swaybar. I have been running this setup for over a year using 18x10 wheels for the track, with no noticeable hose rub.

9Stif.jpg

TMO Supporting Vendors