The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Who's going to trade up now to a GT350???? Have to ask on this part of the site.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

A quote from the designer of the new v6 powered GT (http://www.news.com.au/technology/innovation/detroit-shock-australian-designs-new-ford-gt-supercar-but-it-wont-be-sold-down-under/story-fnjwucvh-1227182815256):

“There’s been a lot of talk about the sound of the engine, not being a V8, but I can tell you it sounds fantastic,” said Willing. “The world is moving towards smaller engines. This proves they can still be fun.”

Boss 302 or GT350 or any other 5.0 V8. I think they may all just be nostalgic memories 5 years from now. Just pick one or more and keep it.

How do I get a set of those carbon fiber 7 spoke rims? They look fantastic! I hope we can get them through ford racing down the road (assuming the offsets, etc work).

stunya said:
How do I get a set of those carbon fiber 7 spoke rims? They look fantastic! I hope we can get them through ford racing down the road (assuming the offsets, etc work).
I'm going to take a guess and say they might be available but they will probably cost $1K+ each.

NFSBOSS said:
I'm going to take a guess and say they might be available but they will probably cost $1K+ each.

You are probably right, but a guy can hope right? I'm giddy for some actual reviews of this beast.

When will it actually hit showrooms? Late this year?

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
stunya said:

The fronts are likely to poke out from our cars since the GT350 fenders are 1" wider and the rims look close to flush.

NFSBOSS said:

We should start a pool. My guess is $1500 each.

My guess for the GT350R base MSRP is $75K, just like the Z/28.

NFSBOSS said:

Depending on who is manufacturing them they will be way more than that, more like 3-4k per wheel.

Brandon302 said:
Depending on who is manufacturing them they will be way more than that, more like 3-4k per wheel.
Carbon Rev is making them, see other thread where I posted that info, and they won't be that expensive. Their previous pricing no longer applies because of the higher volume.

The R will be less than original predictions mainly because the CCB's were omitted. I still think they can show up as an option and Ford did test them on the R.

NFSBOSS said:
Carbon Rev is making them, see other thread where I posted that info, and they won't be that expensive. Their previous pricing no longer applies because of the higher volume.

The R will be less than original predictions mainly because the CCB's were omitted. I still think they can show up as an option and Ford did test them on the R.

Interesting to find out, Carbon Rev is who I used to figure out the possible cost.

Price differential from GT350 to GT350R will be less than the difference between a loaded GT and the GT350.

http://www.automobilemag.com/auto_shows/detroit/2015/1501-6-things-we-learned-about-the-ford-shelby-gt350r-mustang/

Also, Sport Cup 2 tires - 305/30ZR19 front, 315/30ZR19 rear, functional aero, different exhaust than regular GT350.

Also, it seems that all rumors are pointing to a 540 hp rating. If the GT350 comes in at a tick under 3700 lbs and the GT350R is just under 3570, that's not half bad.

Grant 302

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say I'm 100% certain that the wheels will be under $1,000 each 'MSRP'. My guess is ~$750 each to the bottom line over the stock rim. That's a 'delta' from the non-R rims, so they might still be $1,100+ each to replace.

The old delta between '12 Boss and LS was $5k even MSRP, so it will be at least that. Less the cross brace and add the CF wheels and other R bits and I think the delta would be about $8k, 9 tops.

My previous estimate for the GT350 was $51k to $53k base MSRP so my estimate for the stripped-down 'base' R will be less than $62k. I'd be shocked if the base R tips $65k.

Grant 302 said:
I'm gonna go out on a limb and say I'm 100% certain that the wheels will be under $1,000 each 'MSRP'. My guess is ~$750 each to the bottom line over the stock rim. That's a 'delta' from the non-R rims, so they might still be $1,100+ each to replace.

The old delta between '12 Boss and LS was $5k even MSRP, so it will be at least that. Less the cross brace and add the CF wheels and other R bits and I think the delta would be about $8k, 9 tops.

My previous estimate for the GT350 was $51k to $53k base MSRP so my estimate for the stripped-down 'base' R will be less than $62k. I'd be shocked if the base R tips $65k.
I'm now thinking this is about right. With no CCB's, or possibly as an option, that looks good.

The CF wheels could be up to $1,500 but I'm sticking with $1,000 becaue I'm trying to be optimistic. ;)

Grant 302

NFSBOSS said:
I'm now thinking this is about right. With no CCB's, or possibly as an option, that looks good.

The CF wheels could be up to $1,500 but I'm sticking with $1,000 becaue I'm trying to be optimistic. ;)

CCBs would be great as a Ford Performance (I'll miss saying Ford Racing or FRPP) 'aftermarket' part!

There may even be the manufacturer of the tested parts to step in and provide them aftermarket like the QTPs were.

Grant 302

Brandon302 said:
Not sure if it was in debate but it looks like the R gets CCBs, http://imgur.com/a/zpxZv

Yeah, I've been wondering about that. Since I didn't hear anything directly from a Ford rep or exec, I ASSumed they weren't going to be included in the R option. At least it's just the fronts, and I hope they are a direct swap using the same caliper.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel