The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Who's Selling a Boss for an S550?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boostd4

Relapsed Turbo Addict
There doesn't seem to anything compelling enough about the new Mustang to warrant selling my Boss. IRS really isn't a huge factor for me because although it has taken a little time to get used to, I haven't noticed the traditional issues associated with a solid rear axled car. The new motor choices seem ho hum (luckily the Coyote is still in the lineup).

At this point, the ONLY car I personally would sell the Boss for would be a GTR...but even that is on hold so I can keep the Boss AND get the GTR.

TymeSlayer

Tramps like us, Baby we were born to run...
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Brighton, Colorado
The Boss is a keeper. Don't like the euro looks of the S550. When I tire of my mountaineer, I might sell it and look at buying a GT350. But I have too much history with the Boss Mustang.

Probably would not sell the Boss for a S550. The new Corvette C7 looks nice, but it's not for me. If I could afford the 991 GT3, now that would be a different story.

Rondog said:
Probably would not sell the Boss for a S550. The new Corvette C7 looks nice, but it's not for me. If I could afford the 991 GT3, now that would be a different story.

Mmmm I would sell my Boss for a 911 turbo S, if only it were a 1:1.

I have no plans to sell the Boss, I have dreamed of having a Boss 302 since I was a little kid and now I have one so it's not going anywhere anytime soon. Maybe I will pickup an Ecoboost 4 as a DD but it really wouldn't even replace the Boss at all. I plan to mod the heck out of the Boss but to be honest I don't have a whole lot of plans to road race my car, my ambitions are more on the drag strip ( I know blasphemy, especially considering the Boss I have).

I'm not a GM guy either but I would rock a C7!

four-walling said:
...yup considering a P car also...unless Ford does something special with the S550.

...but right now, like the Boss too much to sell it...

P car?

One of these. ;D

BRRacing_Porsche_997_GT3_rear.jpg

I will see what is out there when I pay mine off in a few years. I have tossed around either a 13-14 GT500, a Mach 1 if it comes out and has something to separate it from the rest of the Mustang line-up, or a '70 Mach 1 that I can have fun with. Heck, I've even thought about finding a '12 V6 Track Pack car as a daily driver just to be different.

I'm keeping an eye on the GT350. If it comes out with at least 510-525 hp, is at least 100 lbs lighter than the current car, has a TR-6060 or equivalent instead of the MT-82, and isn't priced too much over $50k, I will likely trade the Boss in for it. If the specs are underwhelming or they try and price it like the Z/28, I'm keeping the Boss.

I'm just looking for the 5.2 block, supposedly SVT has been testing flat plane and cross plane cranks with the block. If I can get my hands on the block I should be able to build a 600HP N/A engine and have a shiznit ton of fun.

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
unrealford said:
I'm not considering buying a new one unless, mine gets damaged.. OR If Ford comes out with a Mach1,that a actual package, not some sticker and scoop type car.
I always wished Ford came out with a Street legal drag strip car. Lightened and set up for just 1/4 mile.
The CJ version is way out of my pocket range.
i am with you. if they came out with a 1/4 mile street legal bruiser I might sell the boss for one.

Not going to sell the BOSS, Its the funnest sports car I have ever owned, from Camaro's to other mustangs... As far as the 2015, I don't think I will be getting one... I prefer the "Retro-Style" look and will be on the lookout for the 2013-2014's to drop in price once the 2015 hit the market. Then if the stars align, I will get a 2014 GT or maybe if I win the lottery find a used 2013 BOSS 302 to match my current 2013 BOSS. But regardless of what I get (GT or used BOSS), I am modding it to look like a MACH1 (Already have it designed it).

MRT Louvers
MGW Shifter
Black LS-AM Wheels
Full Quarter Window Cover-Plates
69-70 Mustang Badges on Quarter Window Area
Roush Grill and Fogs
Shaker Hood and Real Shaker Scoop
CAT-Deletes, Kooks LTH and H-Pipe with Borla ATAK axelback
Decal Stripe Package with "Mach1" Custom Decals to closely resemble the 69-70 Mach1 Rocker Moldings
Might change the Cams in it too

Going to try for Black or another Race Red.
It will be my new Daily Driver (trading in my "Flame Wrapped Mustang").

Here are my Mockups:

BLACKMACH1.jpg

REDMACH1.jpg

The 2015's Mustangs look OK, if you want that Euro-Look, but to me it doesn't seem to look much different than the "Fusion" (which I like), but not for Mustang... I guess we will all see Dec. 5th.

TMO Supporting Vendors