The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Who's Selling a Boss for an S550?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grant 302 said:
The Track pack shouldn't be more than $34k on a base car and maybe $37-38k on a premium. There is no reason for anything but premium verts, glass tops, and fully loaded coupes to go over $40k MSRP. Sure, the clowns here in Cali will ask a $5-10k premium for the first ones ::) but that's standard operating procedure.

Isn't that because everyone in CA are millionaires? JK. I don't think 34k MSRP would really be all that bad since if you shop around I would think you could at least get one for 30k.

unrealford

Mustang owner since 84
Heres a 2014 GT ,Not loaded but a Premium for sticker of $38,000
http://www.delacyford.com/New-2014-Ford-Mustang-GT-Premium-Buffalo-NY/vd/15071186#.UqUW45iA2zk
I would think the 2015 Model will increase of at least $1,500 or more. ;) So I guess $45,000 would be alittle too high.

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
unrealford said:
Heres a 2014 GT ,Not loaded but a Premium for sticker of $38,000
http://www.delacyford.com/New-2014-Ford-Mustang-GT-Premium-Buffalo-NY/vd/15071186#.UqUW45iA2zk
I would think the 2015 Model will increase of at least $1,500 or more. ;) So I guess $45,000 would be alittle too high.
Look at the sticker:
http://fordlabels.webview.biz/webviewhybrid/WindowSticker.aspx?vin=1ZVBP8CF0E5239218

It's got about $3k in options. The base premium is $35k, and track pack is about $2k. If base price escalates $1,000 to $1,500...I think I'm closer at $37-38k, even if a grand short. Based on the prices of the 2011s originally, I'm sure the 2014s have a lot of 'hold-back' in the numbers to allow for deep discounting late in the production run. The base 2015 GT prices might actually be lower than 2014.

unrealford

Mustang owner since 84
Grant 302 said:
Look at the sticker:
http://fordlabels.webview.biz/webviewhybrid/WindowSticker.aspx?vin=1ZVBP8CF0E5239218

It's got about $3k in options. The base premium is $35k, and track pack is about $2k. If base price escalates $1,000 to $1,500...I think I'm closer at $37-38k, even if a grand short. Based on the prices of the 2011s originally, I'm sure the 2014s have a lot of 'hold-back' in the numbers to allow for deep discounting late in the production run. The base 2015 GT prices might actually be lower than 2014.
I Hope your right. It would suck if Ford prices these out of reach. Usually $1,000 or more each year, I think?

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
unrealford said:
I Hope your right. It would suck if Ford prices these out of reach. Usually $1,000 or more each year, I think?

$1k sounds right...except that the economy is still in the crapper right now. Price it too high and many will look to other brands instead.

TMSBOSS said:
Sean

Great concept.

Would you mind calling my wife and explaining why I NEED another engine for the Boss.

She just does not understand. Strange!!!

She says I have a problem.......I just don't see it that way. ::)

Will the heads be a different casting? Direct injection will mean injection directly into the combustion chamber, after the valves. Just curious.

Ummmm I don't want to get strangled over the phone hahaha. The cost to do this though is giving me an heart attack, I would think you are easily looking at 10-15k on parts alone but I am the stupid retarded crazy person that would be willing to go ahead and do it.

I will be keeping my BOSS regardless of what comes next. I am growing on the S550, but There is something so damn special about the BOSS. Every time I past it in the garage, I get the same feeling I had the day I purchased it last January. It's very winter up here in Canada, so I can't drive it for another 4 months,and there were only 497 or so Canadian spec BOSS 302's made. I don't blame anyone who does trade in thiers in, it will make us un molested 1 owner cars go up in value later down the road.

I really like the s550 from what I've seen / know of it so far...but I'm unlikely to sell the boss to get a non-limited edition s550. A well-done gt350 (or mach 1 or something) will definitely interest me. If I got another p-car, I'd still go for the mid-engined variety....though, Rick, that BRR GT3 is really something sweet, I'll say. I know the car / owner well.

I'm seriously considering a C7 to have alongside the boss. I looks like a great starting point for a long-term car...though I, too, have never been a 'GM guy.'

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel