The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Who's Selling a Boss for an S550?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I thought it'd be interesting to see how many are planning on it, thinking about it, failing at trying not to think about it, absolutely-notting it, or just sittin' tight til after the 12/5 reveal.

I hope to drive mine to Charlotte and revel in its retro glory, while being part of the excitement around the next gen of an American icon.

If this is blasphemous, shut it down, Rick. ;)

four-walling

Kerry, San Diego
...not considering purchasing an S550 in the least.

I am not your typical Mustang buyer. My Boss is the first domestic vehicle owned in 30 long years of car buying.

There is nothing compelling to my eyes to buy a 2015 Mustang, from what I know so far.

I used to own a DeTomaso Pantera and wanted something just as visceral but more liveable, hence the Boss.

Blasphemous? I might be buying one. ;D I will consider it when the GT350 becomes a reality and it's far more capable than our Bosses. I'm constantly thinking about what I'm going to buy next and that topic always involves another P car. But I was out driving my Boss today thinking this thing is awesome and why would I spend money on another car??? :eek: I'm also fully enamored with the new C7 Corvette but for me to buy a GM product is highly unlikely.

I'm not considering it either (thats what im saying now) . Late 60s Mustang(s) owner here and when the BOSS was announced I just had to have one. i'm pretty loyal to Ford as my other car is an Edge preceded by 2 Explorers a Freestyle a Windstar and 2 Tbirds 84/86 turbos :p I still miss my lil red84 that used to blow wastegates almost weekly haha

GR8WYT

Unless it gets hit, wrecked or damaged NEVER CONSIDERED. I wish I had my 98 cobra back too. Would love to get a GT350 or Shelby along side the Boss but reality says European x drive wagon to replace an accord. Luckily I have a pickup, as I read so many post about spare tire room and small trailers.

I applaud weekend warriors I am just a little lucky and worked hard while others were drinking at the bar.

NFSBOSS said:
I'm also fully enamored with the new C7 Corvette but for me to buy a GM product is highly unlikely.

They are sweet, but I can't do a GM either.

I do like the idea of a S550 DD to keep the miles off the Boss. A sensible investment I must say...

four-walling

Kerry, San Diego
kc3333 said:
I do like the idea of a S550 DD to keep the miles off the Boss. A sensible investment I must say...

Just what Ford DOESN'T want to hear. Buying an S550 to keep the miles off their discontinued, and to their eyes obsolete car, lol...

Fomoco302

Life is short. Live well!
There would need to be a very compelling reason for me to give up the Boss for another Mustang. Can't afford, don't need two of them. I must admit though that rendering of the 2015 in Gulf colors that Rick posted is very tasty looking!

Don't see why not if the S550 is a more capable track car which it sounds like it may be seeing as it is speculated to be lighter and put out more power.

unrealford

Mustang owner since 84
I'm not considering buying a new one unless, mine gets damaged.. OR If Ford comes out with a Mach1,that a actual package, not some sticker and scoop type car.
I always wished Ford came out with a Street legal drag strip car. Lightened and set up for just 1/4 mile.
The CJ version is way out of my pocket range.

Maybe..........for a GT-350 or whatever is the Track “Speciale”

- But the S550 would have to be al least 300 lbs or more lighter than the current S197

- The IRS won't need a crap load of band-aids, ref the 1999-2004 Cobra’s

- The engine would have to be something special

Boss_302 said:
Maybe..........for a GT-350 or whatever is the Track “Speciale”

- But the S550 would have to be al least 300 lbs or more lighter than the current S197

- The IRS won't need a crap load of band-aids, ref the 1999-2004 Cobra’s

- The engine would have to be something special

People keep saying 200 pounds lighter, which if that refers to the V8 model that's pretty good. The IRS is also supposed to be developed for the chassis, not an after thought like the 03 04 Cobra's. And I don't know about you, but an Ecoboost V6 sounds pretty special to me. That is if those motors are as stout as everyone says they are.

My last two cars were Shelby's, but love the Boss. I don't like the looks of the 2015, but that's just me. I'm a ford guy, not a GM guy. Probably done buying new mustangs, next car would probably be a used 911

In my view, the current (S197) Bosses are the final and best example of the V8-based Pony car and the end of that evolution. The Mustangs will continue to evolve, but for me this iteration tracks back to the beginning and is the one I grew up with. I plan to keep it until I go under the ground. I'll be like Clint Eastwood in Gran Torino.

Will still continue to be a Mustang fan and will enjoy seeing where they go next.

Nope, it's a keeper that 'll pass down to my son someday. Maybe when/if that happens I'll be ready for another new Mustang, which might be well beyond the S550 iteration. By that point they might even be "self-driving". On second thought, count me out!

TMO Supporting Vendors