The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Whose watching F1’s recast of old races

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I’ll have to check it out. I’m slowly making it through season 2 of Drive to Survive on Netflix. Trying not to go too quickly.

Its nice seeing ferrari and merc this season. Its also nice seeing hamilton making excuses about everything when he loses. The german gp is the best episode.

Do you have the F1 app? Also f1’s youtube channel has been showing old races....goddamn i miss thise v10’s and v12’s

Watching 2011 canadian now
Yes I have F1TV. I mirror you on both of your last posts. I went to the last 3 USGP's in Austin. I have watched F1 I would say religiously since 2008. Unfortunately my first race I was at in person was 2017. I was amazed was quiet the F1 cars were. The first year I was there though they had a 2 seater V-10 they were talking out celebrities in, and the sound of that thing was amazing. I was at turn 1, and after turn 4 you wouldn't hear the new cars. You could hear the V-10 for the whole lap.

Yes I have F1TV. I mirror you on both of your last posts. I went to the last 3 USGP's in Austin. I have watched F1 I would say religiously since 2008. Unfortunately my first race I was at in person was 2017. I was amazed was quiet the F1 cars were. The first year I was there though they had a 2 seater V-10 they were talking out celebrities in, and the sound of that thing was amazing. I was at turn 1, and after turn 4 you wouldn't hear the new cars. You could hear the V-10 for the whole lap.

I cant load the videos i have when they did the f1 experience here in chicago.....they had the 2 seater and other v10/12’s. The senna erra mclarens turbo was so loud.

My first f1 race was in indianapolis.....i think i went 2004-2005 or 06......i cant remember if i was old enough to drink yet.....i was right at the finish line and the sound form the motors was unreal. Went to first f1 in austin and was so disappointed you could barely hear them. (And then hammy winning everytime i go).

I keep pushing my buddy to go abu dhabi or spa is my dream track to watch, although netherlands 30 degree bank looks awesome. I saw motogp at catalunya once

Ludachris

Chris
Staff member
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Newcastle, CA
Never been to a race in person but I hope to some time soon. I’m actually a fan of Hamilton, though I realize some people really don’t like him - that’s to be expected when a driver wins this much. I think I started rooting for him his rookie season when Alonso pulled that shady pit stop move on him when they were battling for the championship at McLaren. I really like Alonso but that always left a bad taste in my mouth.

Hamilton was one pit entry mistake (Japan I think) away from winning the title his rookie season, which was insane. That performance made me a fan. Though I wouldn’t mind seeing someone really challenge him soon. I think Leclerc can be that guy if Red Bull can’t get Max running up front.

Ludachris

Chris
Staff member
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Newcastle, CA
Im a micheal schumacher fanboi.....alonso and vettel are my next 2....but vettel being a whiney mc whiney when leclerc was obviously faster make me not like him anymore.

What do u think of the new steering system amg made
I think the steering system was pretty cool. Probably won't make a lot of difference for the one season it's allowed.

Verstappen and leclerc are faster than amg anyways
I was really hoping to see what Verstappen, and Honda can do this year. (not a Honda fan boy at all), but I need to see Verstappen in a car that could challenge Hamilton every weekend. I am not stupid, Hamilton is a good driver, but I don't think he has what max has. I was actually REALLY hoping Mercedes would back a dump truck of money up to Verstappen's house and pick him up last year, but no dice.

I was really hoping to see what Verstappen, and Honda can do this year. (not a Honda fan boy at all), but I need to see Verstappen in a car that could challenge Hamilton every weekend. I am not stupid, Hamilton is a good driver, but I don't think he has what max has. I was actually REALLY hoping Mercedes would back a dump truck of money up to Verstappen's house and pick him up last year, but no dice.

Its tell-tale when hammys engineer says ok its hammer time, and they put the even more power engine modE.

Ferrari has short term pace, thats why leclerc always qualifies great, then his pace falls off.

I wish we could get every driver 10 laps in a petronas car to show its clearly the car. Put verstappen in the amg....game over.

Ludachris

Chris
Staff member
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Newcastle, CA
I wish we could get every driver 10 laps in a petronas car to show its clearly the car. Put verstappen in the amg....game over.
I remember thinking the same thing when Vettel and Shumi were winning. But that's what everyone says about any driver that has been dominant. We'll never know because it's impossible to prove, but it IS fun to speculate. It would be fun to hear what the experts in F1 think (especially the drivers themselves).

Ludachris

Chris
Staff member
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Newcastle, CA
Sort of surprised but not really:

Wonder where he'll end up. Hard to fathom how Ferrari couldn't win a championship with him or Alonso. They really blew those opportunities.

Sort of surprised but not really:

Wonder where he'll end up. Hard to fathom how Ferrari couldn't win a championship with him or Alonso. They really blew those opportunities.

i woke up to this.....crazy.....mercedes lol watch

I’m wondering if Hamilton might go to Ferrari and Mercedes pulls out of F1. Who knows. This might be a major shift next season.

the more i think about this the more i think vettel is out....he went to ferrari to win championships.....when he saw they cant....and leclerc driving much better....think it ruined it for him. I think hes retiring. Hammy isnt leaving mercedes....he wants records...and only amg can deliver.

sainz is going to ferrari.

Ludachris

Chris
Staff member
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Newcastle, CA
the more i think about this the more i think vettel is out....he went to ferrari to win championships.....when he saw they cant....and leclerc driving much better....think it ruined it for him. I think hes retiring. Hammy isnt leaving mercedes....he wants records...and only amg can deliver.

sainz is going to ferrari.
That all sounds logical, but I still wonder if Ferrari will really go with such a young line up. That's not usually their MO, but I guess they could be all in on Leclerc - I think he has the talent and skill to be a champion, we'll see if he has the intangibles.

TMO Supporting Vendors