The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

why are 4 cam modular parts so hard to find?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ny
I understand ford stopped making parts ect. but dam the market just dried up ? you use to see fr500 motors on ebay ? now ----- . zip . I have spoken to few race teams roush/jbs ect heard germans bought a ton if not most. I thought that with most converting to coyote motors the modular parts would be hitting the market?

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
I confused what the question is...FR500 motors were 2 cam 3-valves, no? And they're all technically 'modular' engines since they were 2-valves from the mid 90's. Everything with the 4.00" bore centerlines.

EDIT:

Looking at your other post...you mean the old 'cammer' 4-valves? From the FR500Cs?

I think those have always been pretty rare. One reason why I never wanted to own one was the lack of production parts...

ny
sorry ,yes fr500c motors and the gt super car heads also roush Daytona prototype used same heads but heavily modified.
you can modify a 4.6 to the 5.0 liter just cost $$ .but parts like heads ,intakes and other parts just gone.

This is why Livernois talked me into a swapping a Coyote in my SN95 instead of building another 4.6. There werent that many parts to begin with, stuff breaks, people hoard the rare pieces... Ford Racing isnt good about supporting the older mod motor stuff either.

The older stuff is harder to find for many reasons, the main one being the newer stuff is a lot better...but a classic will always be a classic......in the mind of the beholder.... My '12 Boss immediately comes to mind... ;):D:rolleyes::cool:

TMO Supporting Vendors