The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Why did no one warn me . . .

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BLAZN BOSS

little over 1/2 inch..........350 ftlb???????????? sure it isnt NM? The max torque for a 14mm bolt grade 12.9 is 158 ftlb an 18 mm is closer to 350 but thats about a 3/4 dia bolt.

unrealford

Mustang owner since 84
I did mine on jack stands, was a pretty tough job. I had to buy a Titanium Impact gun at almost $250.00 just to remove the jolts.
I scratched up bottom of floor boards and a few weeks later had to go to O6MACH1S house and use lift to tighten things up.

Honestly, I paid 150 to have it done. Took 5 hours, removing the driveshaft(dss) to measure and adjust pinion angle.

Got back under the car today to make sure that everything was tight and then had a chance to beat on it for a while. Rear grip definitely seems improved and the car seems to hook up in a straight line even better than it did already w/Steeda billet LCAS, Whiteline relos, J&M panhard, and P springs. I also installed a Drake panhard brace along with the UCA last weekend. Traction coming hard out of 2nd gear corners seems amazing - it doesn't seem to need quite as much delicacy with the throttle as you pass the apex.

Only downside so far is some differential whine at about 75-80 (goes away above or below) and also some additional sort of 'feedback' on shifts. It's not really a clunk, but you just hear more noise coming from the driveshaft I'm guessing. I double checked pinion angle today so I don't think that is the issue. It's probably just something I will have to get used to.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Texas
When I tried to do it on jack stands I gave up but when I got the car up on the lift it was a breeze. Long extensions and impact tools makes the job easy. I have taken my Steeda UCA and relocations bracket in and out at least 5 times. Took a while to get everything lined up so that I could set the pinion angle properly and ensure everything had the proper clearance. I had to pull Bob's axle reservoir though because it was contacting on the UCA on the recessed portion of the reservoir where I thought it was supposed to clear when the suspension compresses. I'm going to have to fiddle with it to make it work. It hits on the bolt so maybe I just need to flip the bolt around? I'll take another look at it this week. I torqued everything to 129lbs. My UCA is spherical so I get more noise from the rear but it's not too bad. I'm going to double check the pinion angle again also, I set it at -2.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel