The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Why did you sell your Boss 302?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I hope that the people who sold or thinking to sell their Boss are still surfing this forum.

I am trying to see why they sold their boss, could be

1) financial reasons e.g. Buying house, getting married, had a baby...etc

2) they did not like the performance of the car, was it slow, poor handling, Heavy...etc?

3) they got sick and tired of their boss keeps breaking down...

4) any other reason.

Click on the Add Poll button. ;) It's at the bottom of the last or above the first post to the right. Hover over the icons until you find it.

Dig-It

Kevin
VA
I sold '12 0114 to by the F-150 I needed to pull '12 LS 337 and trailer. I love this car! (I love my truck too!)

Traded the 2012 Kona Blue Boss for a Race Red 2013 Boss. I still don't have a good reason, but what is done is done. Thankfully Ford isn't making a 2014 Boss or the wife may divorce me.

HackBoss302 said:
Traded the 2012 Kona Blue Boss for a Race Red 2013 Boss. I still don't have a good reason, but what is done is done. Thankfully Ford isn't making a 2014 Boss or the wife may divorce me.
She said in sickness and in health right, that covers you right there.

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
HackBoss302 said:
True that Brandon, 2015 release is just around the corner and I may not be able to resist...

I see a GT350 in your future... ;D

How about adding:

5) I needed a different color Boss

and

6) I realized my driving wasn't worth Boss ownership. ;)

Grant 302 said:
I see a GT350 in your future... ;D

How about adding:

5) I needed a different color Boss

and

6) I realized my driving wasn't worth Boss ownership. ;)

Tickets and/or insurance!

No an issue for me (yet), just another idea

"Thinking" of trading in my '12 for the new Stingray... and then wait it out for the GT350 or Mach 1 (or another reincarnated Boss variant?) in the near future and add one of those to the small collection. Hmmm... one day yes, one day no.... can't make up my mind. Hehe! ::)

Bossing302 said:
"Thinking" of trading in my '12 for the new Stingray... and then wait it out for the GT350 or Mach 1 (or another reincarnated Boss variant?) in the near future and add one of those to the small collection. Hmmm... one day yes, one day no.... can't make up my mind. Hehe! ::)

I had a C6 Corvette. I sold it and purchased the Boss. For the price of the car Corvettes have too many weaknesses (i.e. rear axle leaks, harmonic balancers coming loose, roof problems, electrical, etc.). Making it even worse, some of the potentially more serious problems like balancers coming loose have been common on these cars for many years - so apparently GM is not concerned about fixing them. Through ownership (7 years) I became disenchanted with the Corvette.

Now, in fairness I've only owned my 2013 Boss for ten months. Hopefully it will prove to be less finicky than the 'Vette was. So far so good.

Fomoco302

Life is short. Live well!
I've never owned a Corvette but I'm sure they can be a hoot to drive but do you really notice one when out and about (unless it's something really unusual like a blower sticking out the hood)? The Boss never fails to get admiring looks and comments whether at a car show or parked in front of Kroger. I didn't buy it to show off but it's nice to have folks smile and stop to chat. Just my .02

Bossing302 said:

Wait for now, enjoy your Boss, give some time to the new C7 Corvettes to see their goods and bad when real people put them to real world tests ( track abuse). And as you stated above the new Mustang is coming out, particularly the GT350 and Mach 1, so we will have so many more tempting options.

So long story short, wait my friend.

13Boss#3328 said:
Wait for now, enjoy your Boss, give some time to the new C7 Corvettes to see their goods and bad when real people put them to real world tests ( track abuse). And as you stated above the new Mustang is coming out, particularly the GT350 and Mach 1, so we will have so many more tempting options.

So long story short, wait my friend.

Excellent advice. The first year C6 was very 'buggy' (check the Corvette Forum for details) which is not uncommon for any model car. Plus the good stuff is typically added in subsequent years to keep interest in the car up.

Yeah I hear you guys... the little angel on my shoulder whispers the same constructive advice to my ear. ;)
I LOOOVE the Boss 302. :-*

And I also like the new C7... recently test driving one didn't help dissuade me. :-\

I loved my Boss and do miss it.I sold mine for a Porsche 996 GT3 cup car.I raced for years in P cars and couldn't resist going back to racing .I wish I could have kept both.I really do like the people on this forum,especially Pete and Gary!

Bossing302 said:
Yeah I hear you guys... the little angel on my shoulder whispers the same constructive advice to my ear. ;)
I LOOOVE the Boss 302. :-*

And I also like the new C7... recently test driving one didn't help dissuade me. :-\

By the way, if you ever decide to buy a Corvette don't buy a new one. Someone (actually a lot of people) will buy one new, baby it, hardly drive it, keep it garaged and rain-free and then sell it to you after taking a wad of depreciation. I'd never buy a new one again.

GottaBoss said:
By the way, if you ever decide to buy a Corvette don't buy a new one. Someone (actually a lot of people) will buy one new, baby it, hardly drive it, keep it garaged and rain-free and then sell it to you after taking a wad of depreciation. I'd never buy a new one again.

Agree. Vettes depreciate like crazy. Limited editions do better.

TMO Supporting Vendors