The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Why do people do dumb Crap!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Took my 2011 F250 in for a bad passenger side mirror and 15,000 mile service had it for 2 days. I get it back drive to car wash to clean it and notice the passenger window has grease all over it so I walk over open the door grease all over my passenger seat and floor. I'm pissed but think no problem I will let the know and get a free oil change or something there always good about that. I will clean it my wife has a carpet cleaner for her business no problem. I take pics clean it then close the door the brand new mirror is scratched all over on the chrome WHAT? I didn't pay for the new mirror under warranty thank God 1,100 dollars plus labor wow. By now I'm not to happy I call service and talk to the guy I know there and he is like I'm so sorry I usely check there work before I call you but we were backed up. I have never had a problem there but the last few times I've taken my trucks there I have had problems don't know if its new techs or there pushing theme to do more wit less time. I take pride in keeping my vehicles clean and top shape just disapointed. Sorry just had to vent! ;D

thats a lazy tech.
if you are working on a vehicle for a customer you should take care of it as if it is your own.
if i was the boss i woulda fired the tech.

steve

There going to replace it I'm not living with scratches on it! The one they took off was fine except for not folding in and out. What kills me is they use to wash and detail the cars after service but they don't do that anymore. I guess like everyone else the economy has hit there bottom line. Oh we'll they will get a ear full tomorrow! I'm not going to be a Dick but I have bought 3 vehicles from them since 2010 and do think they should treat me a little better. When I bought the Boss they didn't even have to work already was approved and I wouldn't let them clean it or unwrap it. I signed and picked it up after they installed the extras on it. I hope they don't get stupid about it.

Jerry said:
There going to replace it I'm not living with scratches on it! The one they took off was fine except for not folding in and out. What kills me is they use to wash and detail the cars after service but they don't do that anymore. I guess like everyone else the economy has hit there bottom line. Oh we'll they will get a ear full tomorrow! I'm not going to be a Dick but I have bought 3 vehicles from them since 2010 and do think they should treat me a little better. When I bought the Boss they didn't even have to work already was approved and I wouldn't let them clean it or unwrap it. I signed and picked it up after they installed the extras on it. I hope they don't get stupid about it.

Some techs are lazy, we have rules about clean hands and washing things off after work is done. Especially inside the vehicle. Just remember though, the guy you are likely going to voice your displeasure too isn`t the one responsible.

Ok up date went in early this morning met with the Service Manager . He comes out to my truck apologies to me for the mess I say crap happens I just want it fixed. He looks at the mirror and says you know I don't think the new mirror came with the chrome cap on it this may be the one off your old mirror I said it might be but mine didnt have scratches all over it. He goes into parts finds the old one then waves me over to look at it see they just took the old one off and put it on the new mirror. I said ok we have that established how do you get it on and off the mirror can it be done by hand I ask ? No it takes a tool Ding Ding Ding its like a bell goes off in his head sorry mister Elliott we will take care of it. So I'm standing there off to the side and the parts manager says to him that's 160 dollars who's paying for it I think the customer should pay!OK I have been very calm. And very nice till that remark Ding Ding neck red face red I come around the corner and say this not yelling but with a little anger in my voice you want to charge me 160 dollars for a part that your people screwed up ok but remember this when you go talk to the sales manager who I buy all my cars from that you just lost a great customer. I have spent over 150 k in the last couple years here buying 2 new trucks and a new car (my Boss 302) and all my service gets done here too. So go ahead charge me! Service Manager jumps in and says no no we got it don't worry will take care of everything. If I mess something up I will pay to get it fixed I say on here I'm not good with the wrenches I graduated from a tech school almost at the top of my class for diesel mechanics but I'm not going to lie I don't like to work on my cars just how I am some people love to work on cars my brother is a great mechanic he loves turning wrenches just not my passion! But don't try to fool me with BS went it comes to my cars trucks I know every imperfection and how it got there. Wow!

TMO Supporting Vendors