The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

WHY DO THE FORD DEALERS SEEM LIKE THEY DON'T KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT THE BOSS's?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BLAZN BOSS

Can't seem to gather why theses dealerships seem like they are completly oblivious to any info about the Boss! Other than their sales training, they seem like they haven't been given any prep by FoMoCo. When I ordered mine the guy said "lets get your color choice for your interior"........."what rims are you intrested in"........"automatic or 6 speed".........I finally told him what the only options were and he goes "OH!"........Even the sales manager was a little on the suprised side. BUT luckly they had already ordered one for someone else and it came in a week after I ordered mine. So I at least have some confidence they can get one! LOL..........September cant come soon enough!

Because they are mostly idiots. My salesman knew nothing as well. I had to keep correcting him during his walkthrough of the car because he knew nothing about it.

Although he did convince me that the track key, once available, was included in the price of the car (I paid sticker). :). :). So I made him put that in writing, which he did. Haha. I tried to tell him it was $302, but he insisted so I just said ok I tried!!! Haha

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
kbush02 said:
Because they are mostly idiots. My salesman knew nothing as well. I had to keep correcting him during his walkthrough of the car because he knew nothing about it.

Although he did convince me that the track key, once available, was included in the price of the car (I paid sticker). :). :). So I made him put that in writing, which he did. Haha. I tried to tell him it was $302, but he insisted so I just said ok I tried!!! Haha

Haha nice. Hope you got that in writing!

Most are not idiots, a few maybe, some driven by greed yes. The reason is most dealers will get one or two Bosses and sell hundreds of other cars. How much research would you put into that? I guess it is hard to admit you don't know something and tend to make things up as you go. Sometimes people fall into that trap but I would not group all dealers into the same lump.

I called a few dealers trying to find the first builds, about two thirds of the people I spoke with were very nice and overly helpful. Some like the guys in West Burlington, IA and Walnut Creek, Ca talked with me for a while about the cars or the town (I use to live out in CA). Others were just plain rude (Fayetteville, NC) to me but it was less then a third.

TMO Supporting Vendors