The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Why do you love your Boss?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oh man, lots of really great stories in here.
Ford could have used some of them for those mustang stories they were doing prior to the launch of the 2015 car!

four-walling

Kerry, San Diego
TymeSlayer said:
I use to believe sex was the ultimate climax of human joy, that is until I bought this car and took it for a ride.

I bet if your wife or girlfriend felt the same when riding with you, you 2 would be the happiest couple in the neighborhood.

:) :) :)

TymeSlayer

Tramps like us, Baby we were born to run...
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Brighton, Colorado
four-walling said:
I bet if your wife or girlfriend felt the same when riding with you, you 2 would be the happiest couple in the neighborhood.

:) :) :)

Girlfriend can ride the Boss often.

Wife is only allowed to look at the car from a distance. Preferably across state lines.

:p

Old-School Simplicity, that's why.

Old-School Simplicity, that's why. ;)

Great stories, guys. All of my stuff is on my blog. If you care, you can start with Boss Chapter 1 and go from there:

http://www.jimmypribble.com/blog/2011/05/ch-1-2012-boss-302/

Since many of the feelings I have about the Boss have already been expressed here, let me add another unmentioned aspect. I love that my 2012 Boss held-the-line on new trends in cars that I don't like in my performance cars.

* Low-hanging fruit - I love that it still has a manual transmission. The number of cars that have an MT is shrinking. It doesn't seem possible, but it could go away. Most likely will.

* I love that there are no TVs, touchscreens, or sat-navs in the car. As even the 2013 Boss showed, that was the end of the line for that option. Just a bunch of buttons and a big volume knob the way God intended.

* No silly start button.

* I love that we could only get cloth seats.

* Defeatable driver aids. Like the "ABS OFF" button Audi offered for a couple of years, I expect the ability to turn-off driver aids will someday be over. There are legitimate performance cars that already fall into this category (Golf R springs to mind, but there are others).

My single acquiescence to contemporary trends would have been the availability of HID. Once you have lived with it (and I have), there is no going back.

Anyway, the Boss is a simple car. But like a simple steak that has been cooked to perfection, there is no need for adornment, garnish, or sauce. It is what it is. And I love what it is.

It growls and snarls and is generally obnoxious, powerful and nimble almost athletic, no BS features ... reminds me of myself when I was younger.

and it beats up on almost every thing on the road in a straight line or otherwise

makes me laugh

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel