The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Why I'm running a $50 suction mount to record track videos & takes on when and which tires to upgrade to...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Duane Black

Curbs go brrrppp
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Durham, NC
I'm making a site to have places to reference things I try to tell my HPDE students and autocross students about.... I made a few pieces on tires and now i'm on to other things like the phone mount...

(shameless plug) - but tell me your thoughts on this.

Dave_W

Cones - not just for ice cream
Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Connecticut
I use a couple dedicated action cameras, but they have playback screens. Bought several years ago used/refurb from B&H - Kodak and Veho Muvi. I'm either an old fogey or a retro hipster, as I use an old flip phone that isn't suitable for recording on-track video. So while my hardware isn't a smartphone that you talk about in your article, I absolutely agree that it's best to review video between runs/sessions, when you can actually apply what you learned on the next run.
The other benefit to using a cheap dedicated camera is when you mount it to the roof, you don't care as much if it falls off. I also prefer those with a real 1/4-20 tripod mount instead of the GoPro clamp.

TMO Supporting Vendors