The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Why Not Yellow Blaze

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

98RedGT

2012 #552
Got a call from my dealer about 3 weeks ago that Ford called them and they could schedule my car in August if I change color to anything but Yellow Blaze or Kona Blue. Since those two are my top colors I respectfully declined and decided to wait for Yellow Blaze.

Yesterday I get a call again from the dealer that Ford is holding a spot for me and it can be scheduled for September if I pick Kona Blue or anything else, but no Yellow Blaze. Ford is not making any sense. They keep telling the dealer that there is no problem with my order but at the same time Ford just won't schedule Yellow Blaze I ordered. I am working with the dealer on some options before I decide if I will take the offer on Kona Blue. More to come.

There have been talks about Yellow Blaze being discontinued...also Kona Blue. Someone else probably knows more than myself though.

Yellow Blaze is officially on the way out. There were three days when nothing but YB Bosses were built, and no YB cars have been built since Aug. 3rd. Ford even flushed a bunch of orders out of the system - there are 24 YB Bosses with sequential VINs. Those were the last ones built. Kona is currently listed as being available until Dec., then that's gone too.

Sonic will NOT be replacing Kona anymore either.

GA
Here is one of the most likely reasons YB is on its way out:
■The least popular Mustang color for 2011 was Yellow Blaze Metallic Tri-Coat at just .86%

Source:
http://mustangsdaily.com/blog/2011/04/05/a-complete-breakdown-of-mustang-production-in-2011/

Plus painting YB is a long process so it is not making Ford any money. If it wasn't for the Boss YB would probably not sell much more this year either. I have only seen one convertible driving around here.

Sterling Gray and Sonic Blue are supposed to be coming back:

http://mustangsdaily.com/blog/2011/05/10/sonic-blue-sterling-gray-to-make-a-return-to-the-mustangs-color-options/

I would love to see a 2013 Sterling Gray/Black Boss offered.

98RedGT

2012 #552
Ok, all of this make sense but why not just say Yellow Blaze is no longer available and call it good? Instead Ford keeps telling the dealer there is nothing wrong with color I ordered but at the same time Ford keeps pushing to pick different color for my Boss order. There is nothing like clear communication ;D

98RedGT said:
Ok, all of this make sense but why not just say Yellow Blaze is no longer available and call it good? Instead Ford keeps telling the dealer there is nothing wrong with color I ordered but at the same time Ford keeps pushing to pick different color for my Boss order. There is nothing like clear communication ;D

Good luck getting your Tri-Blaze. I think it is the best color available. Just my opinion.

I believe that YB and Kona Blue and some other colors (Tuxedo Black?) have had supply disruptions from the Japan earthquake.

98RedGT said:

If I were you, I would try to make a deal with one of the dealers who are now receiving the last of the YB cars. Call around to see what you can do.

there is a yellow blaze available at Capital Ford, Raleigh NC. Ask for Edwin Barnes. He is in charge of all BOSS sales. My order is with him for a Q4 production.

MoscowBoss

BOSS 771
NC USA
FYI, Capital Ford has been selling the base BOSS at MSRP.

Check out the Window sticker for their YB BOSS and notice the Blend number :)

http://services.forddirect.fordvehicles.com/inventory/WindowSticker.pdf?vin=1ZVBP8CU6C5243902

This was an August build so probably one of the last YB to be had......

Here is the dealer inventory page for this car

http://www.capitalford.com/detail-2012-ford-mustang-2dr_cpe_boss_302-new-7563479.html

UPDATE: Just read on another forum that this one was sold.

Here's one that's still available as of an hour ago:
-----
Several Deposits have come and then fallen through. Car is still available and will hit the dealership early next month.
Located in St.Petersburg FL.
Car is Yellow Blaze with both options. $44,070.

Call Anthony at 727-422-3260 or 727-323-3400
Email at [email protected]

PT was kona blue discontinued?

5 DOT 0 said:
PT was kona blue discontinued?

The last paint availability report someone posted from the fleet site showed KB would end in December. From other posts I've seen yesterday it looks like it's ending early.

checking the leasing website - wow, no more Nav for 2012!

TMO Supporting Vendors