The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

WI / IL area track days

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Wisconsin
Blackhawk one more time for me tomorrow Wednesday 9/21. @Vettel-ish nice chatting last time out. 🤟

Side note: probably getting a schroth quickfit or whole new seat set up next year but anyone got tips to stay planted with the stock belt and seat? Is there a way to lock the tensioner on the shoulder strap? Amazing core workout though 😂

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Wisconsin
Blackhawk one more time for me tomorrow Wednesday 9/21. @Vettel-ish nice chatting last time out. 🤟

Side note: probably getting a schroth quickfit or whole new seat set up next year but anyone got tips to stay planted with the stock belt and seat? Is there a way to lock the tensioner on the shoulder strap? Amazing core workout though 😂
See you tomorrow!

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Wisconsin
Lots of fun yesterday, thanks for snapping those pics @Vettel-ish

-Crushed my prior PR with a 1:22.9. In July my best was 1:24.xx. No change in car set up.

-Used HotLaps for the first time. For a free app I was very impressed! Cool to see other folks times after each session.

-Ran a few laps with advance track completely off until I did some pro bono grass trimming. The nanny absolutely is helping me more than hurting me overall right now. For the few times it may have annoyed me by cutting power, it was definitely helping me out imperceptibly other times. Rear just starting to get loose when putting down power out of a corner = immediate throttle back (but not off completely) and with AT on it's just a hiccup. With it off, same throttle adjustment doesn't do sh*t.

-confirmed my to do list for next year: proper harness, adjustable strut/shock mounts for more negative camber, and a portable gas can set up.

-still no overheating issues. All I've done is swap the rear diff fluid for royal purple.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Wisconsin
Thanks for posting the pics @Vettel-ish - yes, great day when you can track the cars with like minded enthusiasts !! Pleasure meeting @TDL & seeing vettel-ish at the place we like to spend time, the track. I should have taken some pics of his car, what was i thinking :aha: . vettel-ish‘s car is a BEAST !!
TDL has a really nice Bullitt edition that’s quicker than me.
Look forward to next track day

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Lenoir City TN

I used to recline the seat back and give the shoulder belt a quick pull to engage the lock and tilt the seat back into position while holding the belt. If you keep tension it will stay locked. Also with power seats you can slide it back a little, lock the belt than motor it forward until it is pretty tight.

TMO Supporting Vendors