The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Wicker Bill from ZL1 ADDONS for Track Pack

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nice!

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
SoCal
Yeah, I've been thinking about this mod. I've yet to hear any feedback about how effective it is, however.

Nice. I had this right before I went with full aero. I only ran it once at Sonoma so not much to compare with however Billy Johnson mentioned to try it as an initial tuning tool when testing out aero advantages on the 350

I’ll be at Road Atlanta in early March, then VIR in late March. I’ll let you know if I notice a difference in the handling.

I used M6-1 x 20mm stainless screws on the 4 center holes. The 10-32 x 1” screws that came with the wicker bill stripped out and they were too long. The m6-1 s Allen head screws have a slightly courser thread that bites in. Used the 10-32 screws and the rivnuts on the 2 outside holes on each side. They work well.

There is a noticeable difference in the handling on the racetrack. The wicker-bill adds just enough downforce to make the rear feel planted. I’ve run the following tracks with the wicker-bill: VIR, Roebling Road & Road Atlanta.

Thanks! This helps!
When I had my GT350 at VIR, cresting that back straight hill, the car really felt light. I will eventually go-to an AJ Hartman carbon trunk and Apex-8 setup but this will be a good step in the upgrade path until budget allows.

I'm going to balance this with a GT350R splitter and RaceLouvers.com in the hood.

EIGHTLUG

https://www.archetyperacing.com
Supporting Vendor
I've been running the ZL1addons wicker bill on my car for nearly a year now. Its added surface is substantial. People on track have said that the air coming off of my car is quite turbulent. The most visible display of this was during my last track session in moderate rain. I could see the rain water churning up, trying to fill the vacuum behind my car. I followed an M6 and CTS V at speed and they did not display the same affect in their wake.

Attachments

• 0V5A6012-2.jpg
    0V5A6012-2.jpg
    384 KB · Views: 193

EIGHTLUG

https://www.archetyperacing.com
Supporting Vendor

Attachments

• 43BG_HOD_Avants_MyhreCreative-1-3.jpg
    43BG_HOD_Avants_MyhreCreative-1-3.jpg
    253 KB · Views: 225

TMO Supporting Vendors