The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Will be at Daytona

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sfo
Rob,

Is that a small thang that can e fixed in the garage of does that go deeper and effect the strut tower and mess everything up?

The suspension took the big hit, it'll go on an alignment rack and the frame checked, but it looks like the suspension is all that broke. I've come to the realization that with enough money you can fix anything if you have time, materials and talent.
Check out the hit those Forgeline wheels took and never let air out.

In this case, once all the suspension was replaced, it was driven into the hauler.
Case in point, 60s muscle cars that were used as parts cars and half rusted away are being put in jigs and restored these days.

Last edited:
sfo
This is why I have never team drive. I would feel bad all the money spent and if I ended the fun. I can't take the pressure.

TMO Supporting Vendors