Will HAAS F1 Survive?

Discussion in 'Road Racing Forum' started by VoodooBoss, Jul 11, 2019.

1. VoodooBoss

VoodooBoss Rick Moderator

Losing their main sponsor isn't going to help. I'm also disappointed at their progress this year and after the end of last year I was hoping they would be competitive with the second tier teams. I sure hope they keep the team together for next year as having an American team in F1 helps keep my interest.

https://autoweek.com/article/formul...-main-sponsor-due-part-teams-poor-performance

Then there's this:

https://autoweek.com/article/formula-one/haas-f1-team-principal-disputes-report-sponsor-leaving

Screen Shot 2019-07-11 at 8.41.40 AM.png

The_Dead_Cow and Double0Fox like this.
  2. bpracer

bpracer Mark

I don't think losing "Rich Energy" is a terrible thing. Seems like that company is pretty mysterious if not some sort of fraud.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

JDee likes this.
  3. Double0Fox

Double0Fox TMO Intermediate

I saw a quick interview with Gene, and he wouldn't comment on it at the time, but said Haas CNC can still back the team if need be. They have great 1 lap pace(Magnussen qualifying), but not over a full race. They seem to burn up the tires too much each race.

VoodooBoss likes this.
  4. VoodooBoss

Yes they look a bit shady but money is money. I sure hope they can at least be competitive with the mid pack teams.

5. Double0Fox

blacksheep-1 likes this.
  6. j3st3r

j3st3r Brian S.

In my opinion one of the mistakes is sticking with the driver lineup....namely Grosjean I mean this year is what 4 DNFs and has scored 2 points?

VoodooBoss likes this.
  7. blacksheep-1

blacksheep-1 TMO Addict

Grosjean goes from checkers to wreckers, he had some outstanding races before coming to Haas, but then he would hose up the next one

8. VoodooBoss

I'll be surprised if we don't see some driver changes in the off season at Haas.

9. VoodooBoss

10. Double0Fox

He spun coming out of the pitlane, and took out his front wing this morning in FP1. I will say when he came on the scene I really thought he was going to be one that would fight for wins. He was super quick when he started, but like others have said, just too many mistakes. Dare I say the new Maldonado.

VoodooBoss likes this.
  11. Bill Pemberton

Bill Pemberton TMO Addict

Grosjean has shots of brilliance backed by periods of baffling newcomer mistakes, and Magnusson seems to actually be getting a bit better , yet neither is driving well enough to keep their seat secure, imho. Too many new talents in the wings , with showings from some like Lando Norris, it would not surprise me to see a new lineup, even though losing both drivers would leave no experienced driver on the team. Even those of us that like Grosjean, we are getting tired of his complaints and his trend to blame others or the car. HAAS can continue without Rich , but likely they will stay through the Season as their contract likely states. Can't believe they would want a fight with Gene , since believe he could sue them for breach of contract, as no sponsor gets in F1 without knowledge that the winning atmosphere is limited to a few teams?

Last edited: Jul 13, 2019 at 6:45 PM
    Double0Fox and VoodooBoss like this.