The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Will the new GT 350 Have Forged Internals?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
Brandon302 said:
The things they can do with composites today, probably makes baffling much better, though I feel like if they want the car to be truly something for the track it should be dry sump.

While I wish this was it the works, I don't see this happening on the Mustang platform as the main benefit of a dry sump IMO is to lower the engine. With the mac strut clearance and the engine width and the rest of the mustang engine/trans dimensions, I don't see it happening anytime soon. At least 10 years before the next platform revision, and even then, I doubt it.

TMO Supporting Vendors