The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Will the Pirelli World Challenge Spec 305 slick fit on a 9.5" wheel?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

captdistraction

GrumpyRacer
Phoenix, Az
I have two sets of these, I've never run the pirelli in 305/645/18 (I've always used the 275 conti or recently some yokohama's thanks to azgt).

I have some 18x9.5" wheels, which I know isn't ideal, but these tires do appear a bit narrow. The current appendix A lists the boss 302S cars eligible for a 10" front, 10.5" rear wheel. Previously they had 9.5" wheels (that BBS option).

Should I try to dump my track wheels? They've served me well, but if they aren't ideal for this use, I can investigate something else.

The standard wheel previously was a 18X10 BBS , the ford racing catalog does list a 18X9.5 but the WC wheel has always been a 18X10 .
I have some 18X9.5 inch TSW's and I did mount some Hoosier 305/645/18 slicks but I have not tried the 305 Pirelli . The biggest problem will be getting the top bead to seat on the rim

I would guess no. I've 305 660 Pirelli slicks (Rolex series) on 18x10's and it's a stretch, but they're so nice. Hot tire pressures are 30.

TMO Supporting Vendors