The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Will these 18x10.5 fit my Laguna Seca without body modification?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I've got what is right now a bone stock 2012 Laguna Seca which I'm setting up for the track. I'm going with a full Kenny Brown front/rear suspension setup with Strange coilovers. I'm wondering if I can fit the M-1007-R18105 rims on my car without rolling the fenders or doing body mods? I am going to need to be able to drive the car to the track for the time being and really don't want to have to do things like limit steering lockout. Eventually the goal is to get a truck and trailer but that is probably several years into the future.

I wanted to go with the 9.5" version of these wheels but those are long discontinued and rather scarce these days. I posted a WTB in the barter section for the 9.5" wheels but if these 10.5" wheels will fit without issues, I might just spring for them.

PS I did use the search function but couldn't find reference to fitment of these wheels specifically.

The car is going to be a dedicated track car but I will have to drive it to the track. I don't plan on ever driving it around in the rain so I am not too worried about using a DOT approved tire. At the same time, since I'm going to have to drive it to the track, I don't want to be replacing tires every time I take it out so I'm looking for something I'm not going to burn through when I'm driving it on the street.

I'm not married to these specific rims, they were just the ones I wanted to get when I bought the car back in the day. If there is a better wheel/tire option now, I'm open to suggestions for sure.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Fairfax, VA
I've got what is right now a bone stock 2012 Laguna Seca which I'm setting up for the track. I'm going with a full Kenny Brown front/rear suspension setup with Strange coilovers. I'm wondering if I can fit the M-1007-R18105 rims on my car without rolling the fenders or doing body mods? I am going to need to be able to drive the car to the track for the time being and really don't want to have to do things like limit steering lockout. Eventually the goal is to get a truck and trailer but that is probably several years into the future.

I wanted to go with the 9.5" version of these wheels but those are long discontinued and rather scarce these days. I posted a WTB in the barter section for the 9.5" wheels but if these 10.5" wheels will fit without issues, I might just spring for them.

PS I did use the search function but couldn't find reference to fitment of these wheels specifically.
I looked for those BBS wheels earlier this year and no one has had them for years unless you find used. I believe they were discontinued after the 302S and R cars were built. Let me know if I’m incorrect. Happy to be wrong.

The original BBS wheels were 9.5" wide. Those were discontinued a long time ago and yes only used ones are around now. The 10.5" wide ones came out after and were discontinued as well. Allegedly Kohr motorsports still has them made by BBS for them. I'm not sure if this is still a thing or not though. I've been trying to call them but they haven't picked up or answered their email from the contact form on their website. They are in Florida so I'm not sure if they are just out racing or if they got hit by the hurricane and are recovering.

Here is a link to the rims:

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Fairfax, VA
The original BBS wheels were 9.5" wide. Those were discontinued a long time ago and yes only used ones are around now. The 10.5" wide ones came out after and were discontinued as well. Allegedly Kohr motorsports still has them made by BBS for them. I'm not sure if this is still a thing or not though. I've been trying to call them but they haven't picked up or answered their email from the contact form on their website. They are in Florida so I'm not sure if they are just out racing or if they got hit by the hurricane and are recovering.

Here is a link to the rims:
Yea, I’ve tried to reach them by phone for months and gave up. Unfortunate, because they such a great racing volume of products. The owner messaged me via FB and said their focus was on actual racing. I didn’t want to purchase something online and wait months to get my money back. Not saying that’s the case here, but just prefer a live voice confirming they’re open for business or later support (if needed ).

Honestly I haven't even looked at them. The reason I wanted these wheels is that they were what I'd settled on back in the day and I really like the look. I've been out of the scene for too long and things have changed quite a bit from 5+ years ago. These were my starting point but if I can't find a used set in a reasonable amount of time, I'll certainly consider a different rim.

I think I read some on those Apex rims while I was searching for info on the BBS rims. Are we talking about the EC-7 rim here? I know they fit the rear but I had thought there was possibly a need for a rack limiter in the front with those at 18x11?

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Santiago, Chile
the EC-7 wheel has to be the most comman 18x11 avialable. Strong, not expensive and relatatively light. Great wheel. Just a front spacer and off you go. TONS of pics and articles here on TMO about running square with them.

FWIW I also have a set of Apex EC7. They are almost identical in appearance to the BBS. The only difference is the center, plus Apex uses stock size lug nuts. You really can’t go wrong with either wheel
What size are the apex EC7 rims?

Are you running one set on the street and the other on the track or is it a summer/winter tire thing?

This is probably covered in other threads endlessly, but how many of you guys drive to the track and swap out your wheels when you get there?

Are you running one set on the street and the other on the track or is it a summer/winter tire thing?

This is probably covered in other threads endlessly, but how many of you guys drive to the track and swap out your wheels when you get there?
Both my Apex and BBS wheels are for the track. I have the stock LS wheels for the street. I did drive to the track on RE71’s a couple times. Now I have a trailer

OK, I think you guys have convinced me to forget about the Ford Racing BBS wheels and go for a set of 18x11 Apex EC7 rims. I guess I need to figure out what color I want to put on and also if I should buy a cheap set of street rims/tires or run some cheap tires on the stock rims and just use those to drive to the track.

TMO Supporting Vendors