The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Will they fit- Apex EC7 18 x 11 wheels?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Spanish Fort, AL
So I have a 2013 Brembo GT that I have tracked for years. Bought a couple sets of Continental 305 slicks and need 11” wide wheels. I currently am running the Maximum Motorsports Springs with Koni sports. Can I fit an 18 x 11 wheel, specifically the Apex EC7, with only spacers and not convert to coil overs? Eventually I want to go to JRi and need to save some more cash. Thanks in advance.

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Santiago, Chile
Should be no problem at all with a decent spacer to avoid touching the springs. Am sure some here has that setup and can answer with more detail on what spacer. 15 or 20cm?

If you go on apex’s web site they will give you a run down of what you will need. I have a 2011 Brembo car and just purchased the 19x11 ec7 and all I did was go as far negative with my camber as I could (Steeda plates) which is about 2.5 or so spacers from op mustang and extended studs and they will fit like a champ!!!

I have a very similar setup and use a 20mm spacer. I have had no rubbing of any kind. 25mm will give you a little more piece of mind and also allow you to run 315 tires in the future which I assume will need a little more clearance.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Issue is if he goes with a 315/18 later, which is the trick size for Autocrossing and DOT Comp Tires in my opinion, very good chance of some rubbing. Might as well get the 25mm to start with and even with that spacer it often will rub brake duct tubing if one has installed that. Just figured might as well save a little bucks , since a 25mm gives one a bit more leeway. Optimum Performance ( site sponsor ) does sell these , also, by the way.

I run 18 by 11” apex on my ‘13 with 25 mm spacer no issues but I do run coilovers up front. I didn’t roll fenders until I switched to Pirelli slicks which are taller but not as wide as my nitto 315’s

I currently run apex EC-7 18x11 on my 07. the geometry is all the same from 05-14. I have the ford performance adjustable struts and lowering springs. i run a set of 25mm hubcentric spacers from OP mustang with 315/30/18s. theres about an 1/8 gap between the tire and the strut. youll also need to run some more camber. i am currently sitting at -2.7s* and have no rub from lock to lock. it also wouldn't be a bad idea to roll the inside of the fenders. the rears have the tab folded flush with the inside of the quarter panels but the front isnt. i used a rag and a set of pliers to bed the tab back in (the hank jank way of doing it) but it worked fine.22B350A9-A33A-41A1-8076-6CB58FCDF204.JPG

If you are referring to 305/680/18 Continentals, they will rub slightly front and back on tracks with lots of compression. These Continentals are much wider than Pirelli and Michelins of the same size. I have APEX 18x11 et52 with 20mm spacers. Just barely clearing the strut in front, it rubbed the fender lip slightly with maximum camber. Out back it rubbed the fender lip and IIRC, the lower control arm. Again, this is on tracks with lots of compression and jumps. Some tracks they may be passable. A colleague of mine with the same setup experienced the same thing. FWIW, just go with Pirelli or Michelins, they perform better anyways. I have been using both. In my experience, Michelins have a slight edge in lap time but the Pirellis last longer.

TMO Supporting Vendors