The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Will this work? Tire & rim sizes

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I recently bought my 2013 LS and the original summer tires don't have much life left so this is what I'm thinking of doing.

I see someone online is selling new 2015 performance package takes offs. I believe these will be 255/40 on a 9 inch rim and 275 40 on a 9.5 inch rim.

First, can I use these on my LS rims? Are mine the same width? I thought I saw somewhere the LS rears were 10 inches wide.

Second, I've seen a few barely used sets of 255/40 winter tires for a decent price. Can these be used on the 2015 rear rims?

Basically, I want to make the 2015 rims my winter rims and the 2015 tires on my stock rims.

The 2015 wheels should work but the rears have 10mm narrower tires and 1/2" narrower wheels than your LS. For winter tires you should be fine. The offsets could be slightly different but I'd bet a beer they'll work.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel