The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Will TPMS prevent track mode?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I’m not running TPMS sensors on my slicks. I’m not able to change to the different modes. My car is stuck at normal mode. I’m wondering if the TPMS error code is preventing switching to a different mode?

If anybody has experienced this I would appreciate feedback.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My car can change modes with no TPMS sensors and the light on. My autocross setup doesn't have TPMS and none of my local sites are close enough for the light to stay on until I get there.

My car can change modes with no TPMS sensors and the light on. My autocross setup doesn't have TPMS and none of my local sites are close enough for the light to stay on until I get there.

Thanks for the feedback

I’m really stumped. I used a known working steering wheel and ClockSpring to eliminate the possibility that my modified steering wheel harness and Clockspring where the issue. After doing this I’m still left with the same non-functioning mode switch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TMO Supporting Vendors