The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Window sticker printed

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

My window sticker was up today!!! I just got an updated build day as well....moved out 1 day ;D Scheduled for production next Tuesday 3/1....last build day was 2/28. Man, I'm getting anxious now :p

Congratulations. Can't wait to hear about your impressions of the Boss compared to your GT500.

ufnavy06

Some say he has a tattoo of his face on his face.
Congrats to you guys, but sad for me because I have to wait a month to even see if I can order one! However, since I'm in Italy until June, I can wait a bit.

Been crazy busy lately and missed this thread. Very exciting! I'll be thinking about you on Tuesday.

btw: If production is scheduled for Tuesday, you should have already been to the body shop this past week! So, how does it feel to get "bucked" by Ford? :D

sprint200 said:
Been crazy busy lately and missed this thread. Very exciting! I'll be thinking about you on Tuesday.

btw: If production is scheduled for Tuesday, you should have already been to the body shop this past week! So, how does it feel to get "bucked" by Ford? :D
Really? Sweet! I know almost nothing about the production process as far as what the terms mean and the state of my build. So what the heck does getting "bucked" mean??? ???

cloud9 said:
sprint200 said:

Really? Sweet! I know almost nothing about the production process as far as what the terms mean and the state of my build. So what the heck does getting "bucked" mean??? ???

That's a term that has been around since the carriage building days. When the carriage body was assembled, the term they used was "buck". So, it is still used. When the body parts are all welded together, the body is being "bucked". And that generally happens 3 or 4 days before the car heads to the assembly line. I think it shows up on VV status as "in the Body Shop". Other folks will have better knowledge than me on the details, but your car should be "in the womb" as it were........

sprint200 said:
cloud9 said:
sprint200 said:

Nice ;D

That's a term that has been around since the carriage building days. When the carriage body was assembled, the term they used was "buck". So, it is still used. When the body parts are all welded together, the body is being "bucked". And that generally happens 3 or 4 days before the car heads to the assembly line. I think it shows up on VV status as "in the Body Shop". Other folks will have better knowledge than me on the details, but your car should be "in the womb" as it were........

sprint200 said:
You sound like you are or were a Ford employee???

5 DOT 0 said:
You sound like you are or were a Ford employee???

No, just an architect. But I've been working on Fords since I could walk ;D My father restores Model A's as a hobby and restored his first when I was 1.5 to 4 years old. Those were cars where that term really applied in the original sense.

I need help from a pdf expert -- I opened my window sticker pdf on a very slow computer. While the file was loading, I noticed the dealer name and ship through fields had information (it showed my dealer name and VPC Ship Thru) but then disappeared. Does anyone know how I can make it so the information on those fields will stay visible?

I currently have Adobe Viewer 9.2, Adobe Acrobat 5.0 and Microsoft Office. If there is a shareware or freeware viewer to make it visible I might be enticed to use them.

Vince said:
I need help from a pdf expert -- I opened my window sticker pdf on a very slow computer. While the file was loading, I noticed the dealer name and ship through fields had information (it showed my dealer name and VPC Ship Thru) but then disappeared. Does anyone know how I can make it so the information on those fields will stay visible?

I currently have Adobe Viewer 9.2, Adobe Acrobat 5.0 and Microsoft Office. If there is a shareware or freeware viewer to make it visible I might be enticed to use them.
Have you saved the file and then reopened it?

5 DOT 0 said:
Vince said:

Have you saved the file and then reopened it?

Yes, that's how I was able to see it. I downloaded the pdf to a fast computer, then copied it to the slow computer where I reopened it.

TMO Supporting Vendors