The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Window Stickers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I like it!

PJWANNABE said:
I'm semi-old, so am I correct in remembering that the Road Runner was a Plymouth?

Yes you are correct. It was a car and they used some of the cartoon type graphics on scoops etc.

I am fine with coyote and then roadrunner used as the project code names, but don't care to use the roadrunner cartoon on the Boss.

GA
MNG_BOSS302 said:
PJWANNABE said:
I'm semi-old, so am I correct in remembering that the Road Runner was a Plymouth?

Yes you are correct. It was a car and they used some of the cartoon type graphics on scoops etc.

I am fine with coyote and then roadrunner used as the project code names, but don't care to use the roadrunner cartoon on the Boss.

I think the code name for the 5.0 engine was Coyote and the code name for the Boss was 747 (heard that in the SPEED channel Boss special).

5 DOT 0 said:
Yeah I'm ready. I'm out of town and won't be able to pick it up until Friday. If I was home I'm sure I would have gone postal by now! It's been at a rail yard since 8am Saturday morning and the yard is about 60 miles from the dealer.

;D ....................... oh and if nobody told you ::) .................................... it's worth the wait :D ................... you heard it hear first!

PJWANNABE said:
MNG_BOSS302 said:
PJWANNABE said:

I think the code name for the 5.0 engine was Coyote and the code name for the Boss was 747 (heard that in the SPEED channel Boss special).
I read in the latest 5.0 Mag that it was Roadrunner for the Boss. Here's the link:
http://www.mustang50magazine.com/techarticles/m5lp_1108_2011_ford_mustang_302/index.html

So anyway, even though the majority of this thread turned into another topic, I will post a pic of the sticker after I produce it in case anyone is interested in getting one. Cheers.

Thanks. My Boss is at the local rail yard and should be delivered tomorrow. I'm out of town but will be home to pick it upon Friday.

It's about time huh? So how many miles are you planning on this weekend? Have fun, will probably be longest 2 days of your life.

I haven't found a place that'll print them with the adhesive on the graphic side so you can apply to the inside of a window. So I went to a craft shop and bought a Xyron Creat-a-sticker machine and will be testing it today. I'm going to print it out on glossy paper, then run it through the machine. I'll post a picture and you can tell me what you think.

So I tried it out. Took a 4x6 print and cut it down, then ran it through the machine. Don't know how long it will last, but the adhesive material is acid free and the print is glossy. They cost about .50 to make. If any body is interested, send me a message.
48fdf1c2.jpg

GA
STIG302 said:
PJWANNABE said:
MNG_BOSS302 said:
PJWANNABE said:

I read in the latest 5.0 Mag that it was Roadrunner for the Boss. Here's the link:
http://www.mustang50magazine.com/techarticles/m5lp_1108_2011_ford_mustang_302/index.html

So anyway, even though the majority of this thread turned into another topic, I will post a pic of the sticker after I produce it in case anyone is interested in getting one. Cheers.

Sorry if I hijacked your thread. Regardless of the historical accuracy, it is just going to be a matter of personal taste.

TMO Supporting Vendors