The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Windows

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OK, this probably a really stupid question about the short drop glass feature.

If the glass doesn't drop, is it still possible to open a door?

Mine has been working fine, but I was curious what would happen if the windows froze or the battery was disconnected. It doesn't look to me like a door can be opened with the glass in the full up position without potentially damaging the glass or the trim.

George

VTBoss302 said:
OK, this probably a really stupid question about the short drop glass feature.

If the glass doesn't drop, is it still possible to open a door?

Mine has been working fine, but I was curious what would happen if the windows froze or the battery was disconnected. It doesn't look to me like a door can be opened with the glass in the full up position without potentially damaging the glass or the trim.

George
You can still open the door, it just won't close properly, but you won't break your window. I learned this the hard way ;D I pull my seats out for track days and before I do that I pull the battery cable so I don't accidentally activate an airbag when disconnecting them. Sometimes I forget to roll the windows down before disconnecting the battery.

To me this "feature" is useless. Why not make it so the door opens & closes without the window having to move...Like every other car I owned in my lifetime. This is just something that might need fixing down the road that is totally unnecessary.

0.001 mpg, just like when they removed gutter rails. I miss not having all the collected moisture on the roof come through the window every time I stop.

It looks like they made the trim piece around the window out of a hard plastic so it would take all weather conditions and last longer than a softer piece. If it were more like rubber then the window would not have to roll up under it after the door closed. I am ok with the design as long as the window motors dont fail before their time.

TMO Supporting Vendors