The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Windshield Replacement

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I am looking to replacing my windshield due to excessive pitting at track days. The one quote I got was $546 that included the Mustang image on the glass. I understand it is possible to get the glass without the Mustang image for a much lower cost. Does anyone have an info on a glass installer that has that option?

Safelite is coming to my house today to replace mine. $340 installed including tax and the mobile service fee. No Mustang logo. I paid $288.00 last year for one on the GT500 but might have taken it to their shop. $25 for the mobile service to come to my house while I can stay at work is more than worth it.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
Might want to check if you have zero-deductible glass coverage on your insurance. We have this in AZ, although I'm sure if you use up a bunch of windshields that it will affect your premium.

$500ish sounds about right for OEM glass, installed. I'm on my second windshield now, it's got a number of rock chips and is very pitted from the track. Third one is going in (at my expense) when the rollcage goes in.

Shop around a little bit. I got an OEM glass (mustang logo) installed for 350. No-name brand would have been $100 or 125 less I believe.

I got a chip in mine within the first 20 miles while driving it home. I was looking at getting it replaced as well, with Ford glass with the logo. Once replaced is it obvious that it's not factory installed, or is there no discernible difference?

mycroft said:
I got a chip in mine within the first 20 miles while driving it home. I was looking at getting it replaced as well, with Ford glass with the logo. Once replaced is it obvious that it's not factory installed, or is there no discernible difference?

If done right, there's no discernible difference. Even with a no-name brand.

BLAZN BOSS

mycroft said:
I have had chips fixed...........cant tell and I wouldnt know if i didnt know it was there. All insurance companies will honor that type of fix even if you have deductible.

BLAZN BOSS said:
I have had chips fixed...........cant tell and I wouldnt know if i didnt know it was there. All insurance companies will honor that type of fix even if you have deductible.

If I wasn't able to notice the fix I wouldn't be thinking about dropping $500 on a new one. I mean they repaired it without having to file a claim but yeah... It's really more of a crack than a chip, and it is literally right in the line of sight above the instruments.

BLAZN BOSS

mycroft said:
If I wasn't able to notice the fix I wouldn't be thinking about dropping $500 on a new one. I mean they repaired it without having to file a claim but yeah... It's really more of a crack than a chip, and it is literally right in the line of sight above the instruments.
well its free wih every insurance company, why not give it a try and if you dont like it spend the 5 bills..........My 98 GT was a week old and got a chip with partial crack........perfect job.......worth a try since its free no?

LS110 said:
I am looking to replacing my windshield due to excessive pitting at track days.

cloud9 said:
Safelite is coming to my house today to replace mine.

ArizonaGT said:
I'm on my second windshield now, it's got a number of rock chips and is very pitted from the track. Third one is going in (at my expense) when the rollcage goes in.

neema said:
I got an OEM glass (mustang logo) installed for 350.

mycroft said:
I got a chip in mine within the first 20 miles while driving it home.

Remind me not to buy a used Boss :eek: Glad I keep my bone stock

Thanks for the helpful posts! I had another great track day Friday, adding to my highly pitted windshield. I will be making some calls on Monday to get bids and will share what I end up doing.

TMO Supporting Vendors