The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Windshield

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Has anyone noticed how easy the windshield is pitting from normal driving? My service advisor asked me a while back if I noticed it because he had a client who brought there Boss in because he could not hardly see through the windshield when the sun was at the right angle. It was replaced under warranty. Had only 6K miles on it. Said it looked like glitter was all over it.

I have about 18K and I have just started to notice it. Compared to my 08 Fusion w/60k I was shocked in the premature wear, I guess the material is getting cheaper as well as the filler that is used for acoustic.

How much are you paying for a new one installed? An OEM one just like Ford uses. It'd be nice to know where to steer the conversation when calling and getting quotes.

Mine got cracked last track season, and just recently got it replaced a few months ago. I decided to go through my insurance, since my deductible is pretty reasonable and a windshield replacement doesn't affect my premiums.

I went to the ford dealer and found out the company they outsource the windshield replacements to, and had them do mine. I asked the guy how much it would cost if I didn't go through insurance, and if I'm not mistaken he mentioned a price around $380 total, including labor and OEM ford glass. Now if some of you guys are purely tracking and don't care much for the mustang logo, you can save a good chunk of money by going to the regular ford windshield without the logo, which I think was about ~$80 cheaper.

F.D. Sako said:
Mine got cracked last track season, and just recently got it replaced a few months ago. I decided to go through my insurance, since my deductible is pretty reasonable and a windshield replacement doesn't affect my premiums.

I went to the ford dealer and found out the company they outsource the windshield replacements to, and had them do mine. I asked the guy how much it would cost if I didn't go through insurance, and if I'm not mistaken he mentioned a price around $380 total, including labor and OEM ford glass. Now if some of you guys are purely tracking and don't care much for the mustang logo, you can save a good chunk of money by going to the regular ford windshield without the logo, which I think was about ~$80 cheaper.
I paid about $260 installed if I remember correctly. It was another $80-$100 if you wanted the Mustang logo. That was through Safelite and they come to you.

Tulsa, OK
cloud9 said:
I paid about $260 installed if I remember correctly. It was another $80-$100 if you wanted the Mustang logo. That was through Safelite and they come to you.

That's not bad. I've got two cracks in mine now and will need to replace it soon.

4k on mine and if I look at it at a certain angle I see a lot of sand blasting on mine also! My 04 stang was the same way but the paint looks good??? Must be quality

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Texas
Old thread but I'm finally replacing my stock windshield. Got a chip at Inde last month...that track is the worst I have been on as far as debris and the condition of the track surface. $220 through Safelite. If anyone is thinking about doing it I have a $20 off coupon. My windshield was already really bad so I needed to replace it anyway. I'll let you know how it goes.

302 Hi Pro

Boss 302 - Racing Legend to Modern Muscle Car
Southeast
Wow, $220 is much less than I would have guess. Do you know if this quote is for OEM glass with the Mustang silhouette above the rear view mirror mount?

If it is, I'll replace mine as it has a small chip from an asteroid hit!

Thanks for the info,
Dave
302HP

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Texas
it's an extra $100 for the mustang logo. I figured I would go with out it and buy a Ford Racing logo or something like that to go up top. You can get any logo you want from trackdaysolutions for around $40.

Timely thread. Was a bright sunny day today and I noticed the windshield does seem to have a lot of pitting/sparkle. My car only has 10K miles on it and some limited lapping @ a track.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Texas
Do the online registration to get your window repaired and use promo code "glass20" for $20 off. Not sure how long it will last but I used it today to set mine up. Total cost was $230 but I am going to dispose of my own glass and save another $10. Good luck

Adam

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Texas
Got my window replaced on Monday and they did an excellent job. The tech who replaced it had been doing the job for 12 years and I was impressed by his professionalism and attention to detail. Can't even tell it was changed except for how clear my glass is now. Oh, and I weighed the two to compare weights...old glass was 22lbs and the new glass is 21lbs. I'm now going to call it Boss Superleggera

Great info, Flyboy!

So glad I ran across this thread - my windshield has that glittery look, too, and my car only has 6200 street driven miles. I thought maybe some sort of cleaning/detailing chemical had screwed it up.

For those of you who have replaced windshield, please keep us updated with how it fares long-term.

Tucson 302

2013 Black LS #439
I'm on my third windshield and already have three good size chips in it, all three of which I "earned" at Inde this past weekend. Corvette parked next to me left with a large crack in his so yeah like Adam says there is a lot of "stuff" on that track!

TMO Supporting Vendors