The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!
Jul

Winter in July Track Event

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Lenoir City TN
Yes, I am looking forward to the new surface. I was there the year before the resurface. The next year the NASA Midsouth event was not held due to the paving and last year there was too much weird stuff going on for me to even try.

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
Yes. At Autobahn they encourage and arrange ride along in 3 and 4.

From the NASA rule book.

4.5 HPDE Passenger Privileges A passenger is defined as any participant possessing the proper wristband or credential, riding in a moving vehicle while on track, yet is not in physical control of that vehicle. NASA Instructors are not considered passengers for the purposes of this section. All passengers must be at least 18 years old. Minors that are participants in the event should not be a passenger, unless riding with an instructor, for the purposes of instruction.
1. The ability to take a passenger on-track is a revocable privilege, not a right.
2. Passengers may be allowed in all HPDE groups, unless otherwise specified.
3. Group 1 (“School” or Beginner) participants must get specific permission from their Instructor before a passenger may be allowed in the vehicle.
4. Passengers must use the minimum safety equipment and attire as required of the driver.
5. Passengers should not be allowed in vehicles where they are sitting near or below obstructions (e.g.. “Petty bar”) that may pin or trap them or cause other possible harm.
6. Anyone that is involved in a spin or off-track excursion with a passenger in the car may lose his or her passenger privileges for the day.
7. Only one (1) passenger is allowed at any given time, in any car, unless an Instructor is driving.
8. Passengers should not commit any action as to cause interference or distraction of the driver or any other drivers.
9. Passengers should keep their arms and hands inside the vehicle at all times.
10. Passengers are not permitted to place any part of their bodies, such as their hands, in any area that is between any roll bar/cage tubing and the body panels of the interior. Doing so may result in crushed limbs. Enforcement of this rule is the responsibility of the driver.
11. Passengers are not allowed in open-top cars that do not provide rollover protection for the passenger side of the car (e.g. an original Shelby Cobra.)
NASA NOLA does not allow passengers at their track, insurance reasons. Barber does. Should be no problem.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Lenoir City TN
Has anyone received the email with the event info/forms yet? I know that NASA mid south is a little lax, but they said it would be sent 5 days before the event and I haven't seen anything yet.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Nashville TN
Hey all,

New member posting for the first time. I was at the event this weekend - my second event in this car, first time at Barber. I've scanned things on this forum before but will dig around and find the proper place to intro myself. I had some great sessions going back and forth with Beermoney in HPDE 1 & 2 who convinced me to register here. The event was great and I learned a lot, ended up managing a 1:45 in a stock GT350, video here. Looking forward to more events, meeting more of you, going faster, and melting all my credit cards :).

Chip

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel